Putty Stam sighting...

Madison, sorry to hear about what happened! I can't believe it!!! I really learned something from your post, maybe that's why some listings hide the information of bidders (so that they can't be contacted by scammers).

The Putty Stam was won by a member on TheFashionSpot.com.

Madison said:
Well, I wish I had better news, but that e-mail I received wasn't even from Mypersonnelshoppers! It turns out it was from some guy in Singapore who had zero feedback! :amazed: And, I even received another e-mail from another guy "claiming" that he was the seller also! Can you believe that! :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: And I almost fell for the first one. I was so excited that I received the second chance offer, I didn't even realize it wasn't her. After I first responded to his e-mail, I didn't receive a reply back, so I e-mailed her through eBay. That's when she said that she didn't send me a second chance offer. I feel like I am so naive sometimes! :sad: How can people do something like that? Anyways, if anyone happens to see a putty stam anywhere, please let me know. I've called everywhere and no one has them anymore. :cry:

Good luck, Madison! I hope you find your putty stam. I was super lucky to find mine. Back in February, I went on a cruise, so I took a shot in the dark and called NM in Tampa. They had one putty! It was a return, but in perfect condition so I bought it on the spot and picked it up in FL. Just keep calling around.

Madison said:
if anyone happens to see a putty stam anywhere, please let me know.

Madison, I came across a Putty Stam ($1200) at my local shop today!!! YAY!!! It's on hold under my name until the end of closing tomorrow, please contact me. I'll give the store number where you can call & have it shipped to you. =)

This Putty Stam was stored inside a glass case, I didn't see it the last time I was there! I didn't really inspect the bag, but it looks new. The original MJ tags, paper stuffings, dustbag are still there. I examined the handles carefully & saw a small mark (didn't look serious, should be treatable with some leather lotion/conditioner). Blue suede lining looks soooo yummy! =)

Oh my god!!! I can't thank you enough, bag.lover!! :love: :love: :love: I just saw one today on NAP, and of course it was sold out. I love this forum! You are so sweet for doing this! I feel so fortunate to be a part of this forum where everyone seems to look out for one another. Again, thank you very much, and I'll PM you shortly.

Oh wow that's so nice of you bag.lover!!!

I'm also looking for a putty stam, but I reside in Canada, do you know if any of these dept stores will ship to Canada if I call them directly and have them charge my credit card??

I saw Putty Stam at my local Neiman Marcus yesterday. SA tried locating additional Putty Stams from other NM locations, Madison got the very last Putty Stam from NM! She would notify us if any Putty Stam pops up in the future. =)

GreenDrv: It's worth calling, you can just ask a SA hunt it down for you.
GreenDrv & Cherriejubilee: If I come across another one, I will let you know for sure. -)
Madison: Congrats! You are welcome. =)

TammyD said:
Can someone please tell me what is the usual retail price for the Putty Stam, please?

$1200USD; Putty Stam is not being released anymore, therefore, it's pretty much impossible to find 1 in any boutique/store nowadays.

The price has increased to $1275 for this season's Stam. Colors include Black, Mouse, Bronze, Cashew, Chestnut, Camel, ...

Thanks ladies! Wow, pricey. I was in Bangkok for a short vacation in January and saw MJ stams (and Chloe Paddingtons) in every color available in those fake bag shops. They are so well-made I could not tell them apart (but for the fact that they cost just around $300 each) and I was wondering what the retail price for the stam is. I don't buy fakes, but sure there were plenty of putty and petrol colored ones there.

cherriejubilee said:
Yes I saw that auction as well but I have no clue about how to authenticate a stam bag...anybody help?

Cherriejubilee, I'm still new so I really don't dare to authenticate bag for anyone including myself; I wish I could help you more with this listing.

Stam Putty owners, what do you say?