Putty Stam NOT available???

Luna-I have a putty stam and it definitely has blue suede lining. Personal shoppers sells a lot of stams and probably used the same description for all of them. I bet they forgot to change that info.

missbradshaw said:
question from a Stam novice - are the 05 stams more slouchy and ok for putting over your shoulder with the leather straps? I recently had an 06 stam and I didnt find it that practical, although I still really like the overall design of the bag

(info pasted from thefashionspot.com, post by PrincessImp.)

When the stams first came out (A/W 05), they had antiqued hardware and slouchy leather which came in 2 types: icy or nappa.

The stams for the current season (S/S 06) has the shiny gold hardware with structured calfskin leather which becames more slouchy with use.

So I guess right now for the upcoming season (pre-fall, fall), no one knows for sure what type of hardware/leather the stams come in.

the putty came with the blue suede interior and i believe all the patent leather stams have the canvas one.
this bag is authentic though. personalshoppers only sells authentic goods!

The pre-fall and fall have shiny hardware. I believe I read they all will from this point on.

Missb: The strap on the 05 bags are a tad longer than the 06. Still not comfy for me personally (over the shoulder) but I bet it makes the difference for some people.

luna_ said:
strangely, the photos on "personal shopper"'s website says beige lining but the ebay site selling the same bag from the same seller says blue lining. :sad:

Both photos show blue lining though.:hrmm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-MARC-JACOBS-PUTTY-QUILTED-LARGE-STAM-BAG-NWT_W0QQitemZ6881289657QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://www.my-personalshoppers.com/newsite/catalog/index_details.php?id_parent=83&id=103

comments anyone??? is it really authentic!??

luna, have you tried contacting personalshoppers to confirm the color of the lining? she sells many bags and maybe the descriptions just got mixed up!

Luna, that seller is the bomb. Authentic stuff at fair prices. If she listed it as having canvas lining in one place, I'm quite sure it was just a mistake (she probably listed it using the "sell similar" feature on ebay from one of her previous Stam auctions).

Contact her if you have doubts. I have never bought from her but am very familiar with her stuff... she's great.

Luna, agree with everyone here about the seller. Could be mistake from previous listings, she recently sold a Blush Stam with Canvas Lining. No one's bidding on her ebay auction yet b/c there's no BIN option - with ebay, there'll be a surge of activities toward the end of the bidding day (in a week right?).

JJ'S MAMA, bag.lover, *jennifer*, Daisy, you guys are all correct. I contacted her and she said it was a mistake on her part on she has since corrected it. :yes:

So everyone here thinks this putty stam is authentic? She also mentioned that this bag is brand new and has no scratches or marks. Is anyone familiar with her sales? Does she mostly sell brand new?

Would you guys think 1300usd is reasonable? What was the original price of the putty stam? Also, should i insure the delivery? (THis is my first time buying from a private seller.):biggrin:

luna_ said:
Would you guys think 1300usd is reasonable? What was the original price of the putty stam? Also, should i insure the delivery? (THis is my first time buying from a private seller.):biggrin:

Retail for Putty Stam is $1200+tax; Stam's price has increased to $1275+tax now. The price is definitely reasonable since Putty Stam's very in-demand and sold out everywhere.

I used to own a Putty Stam w/c I now regret trading. The price you're getting is great, considering there was a price increase on all Stams. It's now $1275. Putty is the best color in the Stam. Go for it!

Is there any way i can authenticate this bag? From one of her close-up shots of the bag's interior, the metal plate with Marc Jacobs engraved on it looked pretty scratched up. What do you guys think?

Have you ordered it yet? If not, you can still try calling Marc Jacobs store to see if it's still available. At this point in time, it's very likely that any available Putty Stam is a returned or used item -- if you can find a brand new-one at MJ/department stores, you are extremely lucky. Certain bags (ie. Petrol Stam) don't go below retail even if they are used. Doesn't make sense, but it's true.