Putting perfume from regular bottle to a plastic spray bottle

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
    Ok so this is probably a stupid question, but Im going on vacation but dont want to bring the entire viktor and rolf flowerbomb perfume bottle. Its the refillable one so I can easily open it to transfer it to another bottle. Will it matter if i put it in a plastic spray bottle purchased at target? They have a steel atomizer at Sephora, but I honestly dont feel like shelling out the money for it.

any insight is great! thank youu!!:biggrin:

2. You should have no problem with putting perfume in a plastic bottle. Perfume lasts longer in glass but you are talking about decanting a small amount into a plastic bottle.

Plastic does absorb the perfume scent so just only put one scent in it.

Have a great vacation!

3. if you can swing by our perfume counter and ask for a few samples. that's what I do when traveling, take the samples.

snibor likes this.
  4. I use those little bottles all the time. I like to carry my body sprays around in my purse. I live in Japan, so we have these amazing 100 Y stores, and they sell little bottles and syringes for that exact purpose

5. It is probably worth a try, but I definitely would only try a little. That way if it doesn't work you didn't waste the entire bottle.

6. I highly recommend the purse atomizers from Sephora. They carry enough perfume to last me for a while, don't leak at all, and it's handy in my purse. It also comes with a funnel for easy filling. I personally don't think it's a good idea to use an ordinary spray bottle from Target. The spray dispersed isn't as fine as an atomizer, and I find that they aren't as leakproof.

7. good to know! I didnt want to spend the $10 for it to work just as well as a spray bottle.

DC i tried getting samples but they were all out of Flowerbomb =/

Thank you everyone!!

8. I do this too. I bring samples on vacation.