Putting patent leather goods inside a 227 Reissue Distressed leather flap?

Hi fellow Chanel-istas!

I was wondering if I could get some input on whether or not it's a bad idea to put my patent leather WOC inside my distressed leather 227 reissue?

I usually use my WOC as my main wallet but I sometimes notice that when I put it inside my Reissue, it sounds like it's "sticking" to the inner leather lining of the Reissue when I lift the WOC up off the lining. Could putting these 2 leather finishes in contact on a regular/constant basis be putting either of them at risk for damage?

Also, is there such thing as a fitted inner liner made of a nice soft material I could possible get to protect the lining (like from keys, potential finger nail marks, dreaded pen leakage etc??)

As always, many thanks so much for your advice!! ;)

Dec 31, 2012
california
Yes, the patent leather sometimes sticks to other smooth /glossy leathers!

I saw some girls put WOC in dust bag , and then put it in tote/handbag. But it's not easy to actually use the WOC this way...

Fahrina

Chanel Cat?
Aug 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Patent tend to stick to everything... the most dangerous are printed plastic bags but there have been patent sticking to other leather too.... that is why patent must not come in contact with anything that might cause color transfer or risk of sticking pattern permanently to its surface... putting it in a handbag organizer would be a great idea to protect your reissue...

yslvchanel

Mar 6, 2012
I place the felt that comes w the wallet inside the reissue to protect the leather lining from keys scratching. Maybe you can try that prior to placing the patent WOC into your reissue to prevent the sticking problem.

bluekit

CC x DY
O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
US
there are bag organizers that you could buy from the container store or I normally use a LV pochette inside my 227 for keys and random items to protect the interior of the reissue. I also use the felt that came with the bag to protect the inner flap from being indented by the chain strap.