Putting all the tassels on a city b-bag. Tacky or Not?

I've seen pics of something similar to that, where the extra tassles were braided. It looked so good! Do whatever makes you happy, I always do!

i think it'd be cool!!! lots and lots of tassles!!

but the problem is when they all split or wear off....u wouldn't have extra tassles to replace them with...so maybe u need to order tassles in advance before u do that

just a proactive measure, u know? :smile:

Can I ask if anyone trims their tassles to a shorter length? I have some splitting going on and I thought I might be able to shorten them and re-arrange them so I have shorter but non splitting tassles.

I'm keeping my bag out of site. I have a 3 month old kitten that would love to shorten my tassles...LOL

I personally think the bags have enough going on with the hardware and tassels that come with it so anything more to me is a bit overkill and IMO detracts from the simplicity of the bag. I think this applies even more so with the smaller bags (like city, twiggy and smaller). I could maybe see a scarf or something on a weekender (a la chauss) but that is it. I guess I see charms and all that as drawing attention to a bag and I don't buy my bags for that purpose. Moreover, I think some of the bbags are already bright enough to begin with so draw enough attention just by their color.