Push present - Cartier/Longines watch or an eternity ring?

kab77

Feb 13, 2007
Hey ladies!
I'm now 8 month pregnant with my first baby girl. My hubby is thinking of buying me a push present :smile:. It's also something that I want to pass to my little girl when she's older. ( her 18 birthday or for her high school graduation.) I'm deciding between these few choices - What do you gals think?

1. Cartier Tank Francaise, lady size in stainless steel, white face.

movadobaby_1989_59425411

Pro - a classic watch that won't ever go out of style!
Cons - our budget will only get us a stainless steel one without any diamonds.

2. Longines Dolce Vita Ladies Mini, with 28 diamonds set on case.

Pro - Major bling bling!
Con - Longines is not as classic as Cartier. I don't know whether it will still be in style when my girl is 18.

3. Half eternity ring with shared setting

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite..._params=s+5-p+3-c+287462-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

I like this setting, and my local jeweler has a similar one to this Tiffany one that will fit my budget.

Pro - Eternity ring is a classic gift for the birth of the first child
Con - I cannot wear rings to work (I'm a dentist) - thus cost per wear will be high.

i vote cartier. its the most classic (besides the ring) but will still get some use from you before you pass it on to your daughter. i like the simplicity of the stainless. it will go with whatever style is popular 20 years from now.

I prefer the ring over either watch, but I am not a huge watch fan to begin with. As for watches, I would go w/ the one that you think will have more staying power.

tough choice. but i would probably go with the tank. such classic piece that you and your daughter will appreciate many years down the road.

congrats on your pregnancy and have a safe delivery and speedy recovery!