push BIN or just wait for new invoice?

tae

O.G.
Sep 12, 2008
I'm not the most experienced ebayer, but need a quick answer, so hopefully one of you, more exp. TPF members could help me;
I asked a seller that only shipped to her own country if she was willing to ship to mine. She just confirmed that she would, so I asked if she could send me a new invoice (with adjusted shipp. costs).
My question is; while waiting, should I press the BIN as I wouldn't want someone else to grab it before me?
TIA :smile:

She can't send you the invoice until you buy the item. You have to click on BIN.

Thank you love4mom,
I just tried to BIN, but am getting an automatic ebay notification that I can't buy it as shipping to my country is not possible. The listing also just stays up after having done so :shrugs:

Thank you love4mom,
I just tried to BIN, but am getting an automatic ebay notification that I can't buy it as shipping to my country is not possible. The listing also just stays up after having done so :shrugs:

You will need to ask the seller to change her shipping preferences. She clearly has buyers who are not registered in a country that she ships to blocked. She will need to add your country to the countries to which she will indeed ship. Only then will you be able to use BIN.

You will need to ask the seller to change her shipping preferences. She clearly has buyers who are not registered in a country that she ships to blocked. She will need to add your country to the countries to which she will indeed ship. Only then will you be able to use BIN.

Thank you all; she just emailed me that she changed her listing and I could go ahead and BIN (which I of course did). Sorry for being so unpatient, but was worried that someone else would push it in the meanwhile (I'm sure it has happened before). But again thank you, love4mom, Been Burned and twin-fun :smile: I know a bit more now how things work!

No, the seller doesn't have to add the whole country. She can just revise her preferences to include this buyer.

this is the link to add specific buyers to allow them to purchase.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

By adding a country, you're letting anyone in the country purchase your items and I don't think that's what you want to do.

No, the seller doesn't have to add the whole country. She can just revise her preferences to include this buyer.

this is the link to add specific buyers to allow them to purchase.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

By adding a country, you're letting anyone in the country purchase your items and I don't think that's what you want to do.

Thank you! I wasn't aware that the exemption works this way. Now I do!

Thank you all; she just emailed me that she changed her listing and I could go ahead and BIN (which I of course did). Sorry for being so unpatient, but was worried that someone else would push it in the meanwhile (I'm sure it has happened before). But again thank you, love4mom, Been Burned and twin-fun :smile: I know a bit more now how things work!

So happy that you were able to get your item (it can be nerve racking while waiting and hoping someone else doesn't buy it before you get to it!). There are so many super helpful people here on these boards that have a wealth of knowledge about ebay and are happy to share. I have learned sooooo much from these lovely people! :smile:

So happy that you were able to get your item (it can be nerve racking while waiting and hoping someone else doesn't buy it before you get to it!). There are so many super helpful people here on these boards that have a wealth of knowledge about ebay and are happy to share. I have learned sooooo much from these lovely people! :smile:

thank you as well tutushopper :smile:, nerve racking indeed! :biggrin:
And I absolutely agree it's great to be able to turn to helpful TPF'ers!