purses on vacation.

I agree with the 2 bag (small/large) opinion. Sometimes, depending on where I'm going and the activities involved, I like to bring a crossbody/messenger so I don't have to worry about carrying a bag around.

It totally depends on several factors:
1. Mode of transportation (airplane v car)
2. Reason for trip (business v pleasure)
3. Climate you're going to (rainy v sunny v hot v cold)
4. What clothes you're packing

If I'm flying, I use a large tote as my "purse" and put a shoulder bag inside of the tote. If I'm driving, I tend to bring more purses since they're in my possession.

If it's business, I tend to bring my business tote, a shoulder bag, and a small evening bag. If it's pleasure, I tend to bring 1-2 anything bags, or a bag I don't usually wear at home.

As for climate, certain bags just don't do water/cold/heat, etc. But you know your collection best.

And as for clothing... I'm a minimalist at heart, so I always pack a lot of black so everything's good.

For instance, I went on a weekend trip recently with a Coach weeekend bag and a backpack, carrying an older black Ergo purse. Now, I came back with 2 other purses, but I only had one for three days. Multifunction is the key.

Now, I'd never go on vacation with just a small pink clutch or something like that because I'd shop immediately!

I will be traveling next week as well and I really want to take five of my really expensive bags, but I'm afraid of it being stolen or lost in the plane....I decided to take a Michael Kors shopper for the plane.....a Fendi for when I want to dress cute in the afternoon....a Gucci clutch for evenings....and a coach messenger....I will be praying I come back home with all of them.

My travel bag is my trusty Cabas Mezzo. It holds tons, sits on my shoulder (hands free), and is light to carry. I often pack my black nappa, prada clutch for evening wear, but like the op's I don't want to bring too many bags because then I won't have an excuse to purchase to anything new. :smile:

one my recent vaca i brought a lulu lemon gym bag on the plane and a dooney IT circle bag, i can wear it xbody and it matches everything. i want a coach swingpack for next vaca! my louis always stays home. when visiting the inlaws, it is only a 45 min fliught, so i just bring a large Danier or BR leather bag and maybe a small bag too. i always like to buy a bag in the US and helps if i can just pack it like my own...

I always do road trips with dh, so for me it's not a question of large and small so much, but expensive vs. less expensive. I figure if I take one of my FAVE expensive bags (which happens to be neutral), and a super neutral less expensive bag I am set!

See, if the weather is bad I have a back up. If I am traveling by foot in an unknown city I take the less expensive bag too. Nothing worse than looking like a stunned tourist + looking like your loaded to draw attention from bad guys!

...And I ALWAYS take home a few souvineer handbags too... how could you NOT??! :biggrin:

SAME DILEMMA!

I'm definitely bringing my Chanel black patent reissue as my smaller/evening bag...it's choosing the larger bag that is perplexing me right now! I can't decide between my Chanel baby cabas, or my Balenciaga part time...

And I'm tempted to bring on my Chloe paddington too, since she hasn't been out for a while...what to do!? :Push:

I also take several purses on vacation - if I could keep all my clothes in the same color family it would help, but who wants to wear all black or all brown or all blue for a week? If you are taking a car, take as many bags as you think you need!

I am leaving for Orlando next week and have promised myself that I am only taking my LeSportsac Deluxe Every Day bag in black. I will be traipsing around Disney World for 5 days in the rain and sweat and sunscreen. This is my fourth annual trip there with friends and I have learned not to take anything nice, heavy, or difficult. I will be much more relaxed with a hands-free, carefree bag!!

I usually bring at least 2..sometimes 3...I always have one for the plane and then I have 2 for different outfits. If you are going out at night, bring a clutch, those are small and then you can fit bigger bags in your luggage!!!

Good Luck!