PurseBlog wonders where all the $1500 bags have gone.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I think this editorial makes a good point!

There are plenty of bags above and below this threshold, but what about it, ladies and gents. Have you any bags currently priced at or around $1500 to add to the list?

We would love to hear from you.

[​IMG]

There is a lively discussion already under way on the PurseBlog, or you can chime in here.

2. Gucci has quite a few, actually too many to mention them all, the new Bright Diamante Leather Bucket bag (or Top Handle :heart:) Soho Leather Shoulder Chain Bag or Messenger, Nice Microguccissima Patent Leather Top Handle just some examples.

3. My favorite bag in this price range is the Anya Hindmarch Ebury, $1,450. Like the Prada double zip tote, but Chèvre instead of Saffiano leather. Also, it comes with two detachable cross-body straps -- one that matches the bag, one that contrasts. My Ebury is black and the contrasting strap a pretty pale green, and whenever I wear it someone is bound to ask me where I got it. Great bag.

4. catsinthebag, thank you for recommending the Ebura. I've been on the look-out for a bag exactly like that in that price range without much luck. That looks great though! I will have to check it out.

5. That sounds lovely! do you have a picture of it?

6. Here you go! Please excuse the messy closet in the background!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397341948.093687.jpg

7. I agree. The new price increases are nuts. $1500 is a lot! Seems like many are edging up. I've bought a lot of bags, many over this price, but this trend is honestly reducing my excitement for purchasing more.

8. AAAh.... that is lovely! Thank you for posting that.
    Your closet looks wonderful, not messy at all. At least not by my closet's standards! :cool:

:cloud9: Thanks for sharing!

9. Most of Reed Krakoff's bags are around the $1,500 price point. I personally love the RDK hobo style which sells for $1,500. The leather is very high quality and the bag is very versatile. I own several colors.