PurseBlog Dropbox: Article Suggestions

Notorious Pink

Hermès PurseBlogger!
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
Hi, everyone! I’ve received a few messages from fellow TPFers suggesting topics they would like me to write about, so I thought to create a space here for everyone to just drop their requests.

I would love to write about what you want to read about!

I do plan on having regular repeat topics, such as runway reviews and seasonal colors. I haven’t written much about the silk department because the blog seems more focused on leather, but would like to write about silk and other departments, as well as other topics that seem to interest many of our members here.

Feel free to add your requests!

I always love your articles, btw!

Not sure if anyone already asked for these, so pardon if there are redundancies, none of them are prioritized over the other. I know these have been discussed in threads, but I'm definitely interested in your take on them. Thank you!

• Using your H bag for work--suitable types?
  • Any H regrets?
  • Favorite H item? Most used H item?

The history of the house is so interesting, maybe with quick tidbits showing how equestrian bags morphed into iconic bags?
H really leans into their yearly themes, too, those would be fun to explore (like "Let's Play" last year).
I think non-H fans (and H fans!) would probably love a guide to dipping your toe into H - like, you can have a wonderful pop of color Calvi or a mini Ulysse for under $400.
Not totally H-related but it's so interesting to see the move from big bags to mini bags and it's really clear when you look at Hermes carried by celebrities over the years.
The leather types overview would be great, just because the misinformation out there is huge and PB tends to have excellent SEO.
Under the radar H bags?

Under the radar H bags?

This was gonna be my suggestion. I probably shouldn't be saying this but, er, I don't like the Birkin or the Kelly. So for a long time I thought Hermes bags wouldn't interest me. But then I realized the other styles are very different, and useful to me - so you can get that craftsmanship and the lovely colors and leathers without having to carry around a Birkin tote.

or maybe...

Saddle Leathers and the Journey to Patina (like, Barenia from day 1 to day 10000)
Grace Kelly and Hermes (from To Catch a Thief through the iconic bags)
Hermès Horizon (great if we use an inside story, but there's plenty of examples out there) - what it is, cool projects, you can and can't do (can't add a luggage strap to an iconic design, guilty as charged lol)
The Origin of Hermès names ( who was Constance, who was Evelyne)
Customized bags: painted bags, after-market hardware

and this is going to be controversial, but it would be so interesting to explore H super fakes. We all know what they are, what is the truth behind them? without names or authenticity details of course but examining how counterfeiters set up factories, buy supplies, and even have fakes hand stitched. Personally I think the more we know the better off we are as long as no secrets are given away.

I love tPF and am always thinking, what will help drive revenue for Megs, Vlad, and team, so forgive me if I get a little crazy :smile: