PurseBlog Asks: Are You a Goyard Person?

PBinsider

Purse Blog Insider
May 9, 2013
Featured on the PurseBlog this week, we ask the question, Are You A Goyard Person?

We know you are because you are here!

What first attracted you to Goyard’s products, and how did you learn about the brand? Goyard’s website proudly proclaims that it doesn’t make seasonal products, so how does the brand hold your interest? Does celebrity affection for the brand, particularly the lightweight St. Louis totes, help or hinder your love for Goyard? Do you wish that the brand provided more variety, or is the brand’s ultra-traditional approach and distaste for the spotlight part of the magic?

PurseBlog-Asks-Goyard.jpg

Join the discussion here, or there. Its a good one!

My favorite brand. May not have seasonal bags but they have some lovely offerings in leather such as the Vendome.
The 233 bag is more lovely than any Chanel offering IMO. Have two.

The leather version is scrumptious, but love the goyardine also.
I like that the brand has no online offerings to purchase but wish the website displayed all the wallet and bag styles.

Not a st Louis fan, need more structure in my bag.
Would love to hear what others have to say.

I wish they did have an online store as there is no Goyard in my country. I know I can order my calling a store but I prefer to see all their merchandise online and order directly from there.

Goyard is one of my favorite brands, if not my absolute favorite. The first time I visited the store in Paris, it felt like I was in heaven. All the beautiful flawless pieces and especially the different colors combined with the amazing pattern and the gorgeous monogramming made it so special. The smell when you walk into the store is the one of craftsmanship and luxury, combining the smell of leather, wood and paint. Whereas the LV store and canvas products to me smell like plastic and glue.
I was a long time LV lover, but I see the LV patterns everywhere nowadays, it gets boring. Goyard on the other hand is much more exclusive and I am glad they don't sell their products online.

Some people say the Goyard canvas looks cheap and plasticky, but to me it is far from that. I have a Goyard book, which explains the process of the making of their cloth. Although the pattern is not hand painted anymore, there still goes a lot of time into the making of their cloth.
Their cloth is made of a combination of hemp, linen and cotton. It then is painted combining different layers, up to four. Once the painting process is done the cloth is made waterproof.
In the end every piece of a Goyard product is made in France and manufactured only using French materials.

To me carrying a Goyard bag is like carrying art and being in a secret club. It's exquisite. :welcome:

Goyard is one of my favorite brands, if not my absolute favorite. The first time I visited the store in Paris, it felt like I was in heaven. All the beautiful flawless pieces and especially the different colors combined with the amazing pattern and the gorgeous monogramming made it so special. The smell when you walk into the store is the one of craftsmanship and luxury, combining the smell of leather, wood and paint. Whereas the LV store and canvas products to me smell like plastic and glue.
I was a long time LV lover, but I see the LV patterns everywhere nowadays, it gets boring. Goyard on the other hand is much more exclusive and I am glad they don't sell their products online.

Some people say the Goyard canvas looks cheap and plasticky, but to me it is far from that. I have a Goyard book, which explains the process of the making of their cloth. Although the pattern is not hand painted anymore, there still goes a lot of time into the making of their cloth.
Their cloth is made of a combination of hemp, linen and cotton. It then is painted combining different layers, up to four. Once the painting process is done the cloth is made waterproof.
In the end every piece of a Goyard product is made in France and manufactured only using French materials.

To me carrying a Goyard bag is like carrying art and being in a secret club. It's exquisite. :welcome:

I love your answer! Very well said and I totally agree with you!

I love the goyardine pattern...the products feel exquisite in general. But my biggest gripe of this this brand...no online shop...no online catalogue either. Keep with the times please! :P

I love this company. Every time i carry my St. Louis I feel like I am out with a special secret. I love that you cannot purchase this online, that it is not seen on every corner. I love the ability to personalize my bag so that it is unique to me.

I love the St Louis totes! That will be my next bag when I allow myself to buy something new ❤️

Last week I was flying back to Chicago from Denver & saw a 60+ year old woman who looked super chic with a red St Louis. Her husband was quite dapper as well. Clearly I did not know them at all but hope DH & I look that good traveling in 30 years :girlsigh:

I have a vintage Goyard hatbox that I believe is from the 1920s. Does anyone know what the value would be?

Attachments

• goyard 1.jpg
    goyard 1.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 603
  • goyard 7.jpg
    goyard 7.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 601
  • goyard 2.jpg
    goyard 2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 551
  • goyard 3.jpg
    goyard 3.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 560
I first learned about Goyard when I visited Paris with my high school French class when I was 15. I remember looking in the windows, lusting after a Goyard! I left Paris without one, but remembered the Goyardine pattern and colors. Almost 4 years later (this past summer), I was back in Paris and couldn't leave without buying a Goyard bag! I purchased a St. Louis PM in black with tan straps- it's possibly the best purchase I've ever made and I look forward to getting another soon (not sure which bag, but I know I want the Bordeaux color!). There's something sentimental to me about my Goyard, every time I look at it I think of my two trips to Paris. I like the idea of only buying Goyard while in Paris, but let's be honest, I probably won't be back anytime soon, and Goyard is just too great to not buy more of often!

I agree with Mr.Vuitton, I felt the same way visiting the store, and it does feel like a secret club. I live and go to school in a suburban area, and I've only ever seen one other Goyard around here- owning one is definitely like being in a secret club (especially because they don't have online shopping and you must email for prices!) :biggrin:

I first learned about Goyard when I visited Paris with my high school French class when I was 15. I remember looking in the windows, lusting after a Goyard! I left Paris without one, but remembered the Goyardine pattern and colors. Almost 4 years later (this past summer), I was back in Paris and couldn't leave without buying a Goyard bag! I purchased a St. Louis PM in black with tan straps- it's possibly the best purchase I've ever made and I look forward to getting another soon (not sure which bag, but I know I want the Bordeaux color!). There's something sentimental to me about my Goyard, every time I look at it I think of my two trips to Paris. I like the idea of only buying Goyard while in Paris, but let's be honest, I probably won't be back anytime soon, and Goyard is just too great to not buy more of often!

I agree with Mr.Vuitton, I felt the same way visiting the store, and it does feel like a secret club. I live and go to school in a suburban area, and I've only ever seen one other Goyard around here- owning one is definitely like being in a secret club (especially because they don't have online shopping and you must email for prices!) :biggrin:
Love your story! =)