Purse suggestions?

Kelly M

Aug 1, 2016
Hi! I'm hoping to get some suggestions. :P
I'm looking for a crossbody bag that has a chain strap. Open to WOC, but not too small (big enough to fit phone, sunglasses, etc.). With regards to budget, I'm very flexible - especially for the right piece.

For years I've been using a Rebecca Minkoff (similar style attached) because it's perfect in that regard: crossbody, chain strap, on the smaller side. But now it's really showing wear and it's time to move on.
1715779266954.png

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: ChickosMom
Do you have a leather preference?
ie. Textured vs Smooth? heavily treated (like prada saffiano or patent leather) vs minimally treated?

Any brand preferences you tend to cater to?

Any color preferences?

Do you prefer a flap closure? or a zip closure? or open bag with minimal closure (think Gucci Jackie, YSL le 5 a 7)?

Reactions: ChickosMom
Do you have a leather preference?
ie. Textured vs Smooth? heavily treated (like prada saffiano or patent leather) vs minimally treated?

Any brand preferences you tend to cater to?

Any color preferences?

Do you prefer a flap closure? or a zip closure? or open bag with minimal closure (think Gucci Jackie, YSL le 5 a 7)?
I so appreciate the questions! I think pebbled or saffiano is my preference - more durable. But not opposed to smooth leather also.

No brand preferences - I like specific bags from various brands. I've liked styles from Celine, LV, Gucci, Prada, etc.

Colors neutral - black, beige, brown.

Great question - I prefer zip closure, but open to flap. But preference is definitely zipper.

Reactions: lill_canele
The Chanel minis are roomier than the Woc, a Woc won't comfortably fit a phone and sunnies, but the mini can :yes:
I live my Reissue mini as it's slightly more under the radar than my Classic mini.
My Goyard Cap Vert is also perfect for carrying these items easily, but not a chain strap.

The Chanel minis are roomier than the Woc, a Woc won't comfortably fit a phone and sunnies, but the mini can :yes:
I live my Reissue mini as it's slightly more under the radar than my Classic mini.
My Goyard Cap Vert is also perfect for carrying these items easily, but not a chain strap.
Thank you! I wasn't familiar with the reissue mini but I just looked it up now and it's very pretty - under the radar like you said. Thank you!

Reactions: Swanky
My first thought was the YSL lou camera bags. I don't have one but many people rave about their practicality.
It is a zip closure, quite roomy, I think it is a kind of fine-grained leather.

The issue is the mini lou camera bag has a chain strap and the regular size has a leather strap....

Not sure if the mini is too small for your uses.

1715787498162.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Kelly M