Purse strap damage, please help!

Tina777

Feb 12, 2008
Well hello everyone! :biggrin:

I have a question on how to handle some damage done to my Bottega.

The strap has some splitting of the material along the edges.

Do you think this could be repaired easily on my own, or should I leave it to a professional service?

I simply don't know what to do first, any advice would be super!

Thanks~~~!

Attachments

• brown purse damage.jpg
    brown purse damage.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 292

dolali

O.G.
Sep 25, 2006
I am a newbie, but wanted to share my experience with you in case is helpful: I bought a BV bag with some damage on the weave strip and contacted the place recommended here for repairs (modern leather goods, check out their website: www.modernleathergoods.com

I was quoted a reasonable price to repair it so I am sending it tomorrow. I am not a "do it yourself" person, so I rather have it done by professionals.

Mar 28, 2009
Modern, does a great job.
I was a SA for BV in a store that closed
we sent all our repairs to Modern

I am a newbie, but wanted to share my experience with you in case is helpful: I bought a BV bag with some damage on the weave strip and contacted the place recommended here for repairs (modern leather goods, check out their website: www.modernleathergoods.com

I was quoted a reasonable price to repair it so I am sending it tomorrow. I am not a "do it yourself" person, so I rather have it done by professionals.

Mar 28, 2009
call modern in nyc
they do all repairs for BV in the US

Well hello everyone! :biggrin:

I have a question on how to handle some damage done to my Bottega.

The strap has some splitting of the material along the edges.

Do you think this could be repaired easily on my own, or should I leave it to a professional service?

I simply don't know what to do first, any advice would be super!

Thanks~~~!

Tina777

Feb 12, 2008
Thank you for the suggestions! I contacted the SA who sold me the bag, and said to bring it in. He said it was a simple repair, costing about $40. It will take 3 months to do the work and get it back. A bit longer than what I would like, but will be extra careful next time :smile: