Purse size relative to your height?

e_mau

Jul 18, 2008
This has been rolling around in my mind for awhile now. I value all of your opinions to me you gals are the experts.

A friend at work mentioned that small purses look funny on tall girls.

Well I personally love satchel type purses (my favorite) Something that will fit my key's, wallet (non check book type), my badge, cell (sometimes the charger and my bad (legal) habit. A smaller satchel type purse is perfect, I have never had to dig around and search for anything like I have had to do with my bigger purse; (equivalent in size to the Ergo tote with the legacy lining.)

Now I have been really self conscious when I carry any of my smaller bags. I'm 5'9 (6ft) in my heels and about 160.

I'm saving up my commission so I can get Sabrina (I'm in love she's my HG) but I wondering should I start looking towards the larger bags and try to love those?

I'm sorry for the long post, but if anyone could give advise, it's the experts here.

Thanks,

T.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum! I'm about 5'2 and tend to carry huge bags! I don't think it matters what size you are- it's about what size bag fits your needs :yes:

I am tall too, 5'9-1/2". My smallest bag is the '07 legacy shoulder bag. I just prefer larger bags than that because I tend to carry so much stuff. However, I definitely would carry a small bag if I wanted to. I do not think a tall girl looks funny in a small bag. Women should just carry the size bag they need for that day. I carry wristlets a lot.

I think it depends on a lot of things....height, weight, personal style, etc. I am tall but also heavy right now and I prefer to carry big bags because I feel like small bags look stupid on me. But that's just me...carry what you love!

I think small purses can look just fine on tall girls! I mean why not? And I like big bags on small girls too but sometimes they can get TOO big where it looks like their bag is eating their body haha.. that's not always the most flattering but hey, face it... we need to carry stuff so a big bag is necessary! It's not a big deal I don't think. I'm 5'6'' and carry every size bag under the sun!

I don't think it matters what size you are... I like bigger bags, so I tend to always go for the big bag no matter what... I don't necessarily have a lot to fill the bag with, but because I like how it best fits my frame, it works for me! (my own personal preference)

I can see how some bags look better than others size-wise on different body sizes / heights, but I wouldn't get self-conscious about it if it's what you're comfortable with & like!

You sound about the same size as me height and weight wise. are you talking about the small or large sabrina? I have the large cranberry and really is the perfect size for me not to big and not to small and I able to fit all my stuff in her nicely! I dont know about the small size because I couldnt go any smaller than the lgr.

Some bags so seem to be meant for differing demographics ie. demi's for teens, bandana prints, etc.
Unless you have a need for a large bag stick to what you use now. Otherwise a large bag can become a bottomless pit when you are looking for something.

Don't worry about size. I think it is all about whatever you like. I'm only 5'2" and LOVE bigger bags. My smaller bags just don't get as much use at all. They are for nights out or something but my big bags are the ones I use all the time.

Go for the big bags! I'm 5'6" and while I like to keep it simple, sometimes you need a really big bag. My new Hamptons Leather Large Hobo does the job for me. Since you're 5'9", you should have no problem effortlessly stylishly pulling off a huge bag.

Rock it, girl!

I'm 5'2" and I prefer bigger bags because I'm plus size. I don't like huge bags but I like bags like the Ali. I have a med carly and I feel like its a little small on me but I felt lg carly would be a black hole for my things lol.

Where what you love! If you like a brown paper sack then rock it! Don't let other people make you doubt things you love!

I want thank all of you for your advise. I'm glad there is not an unspoken rule on your bag size because of your height.

When I go shopping for my new bag I'll get one that I'll enjoy and rock it and not worry about comments other might make or think.

thank you all again:P

You are so right. I am 5'9" and sometimes I just like to carry a top handle pouch. It's so light weight and sometimes I don't need all the other stuff. I felt a little funny carrying such a small bag at first too, but when my shoulder hurts it is so nice to have a little bag that doesn't weigh a ton.