Purse recommendation

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. OK, I have a confession.:blush: I am not into purses; I own 2 - a brown one and a black one! (I have a healthy shoe habit, though!) I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I want a purse that I can carry for long term, something classic, black leather, small, around 10 x 5 inches or less. Who is a good designer to look into? I'd like to keep it under 500 dollars. I am going to NYC for a day in October to shop maybe I can find something there, there's not much in Ohio malls! Please help me! I want a "big girl" purse! Jen

2. There are so many to choose from... Kate Spade has good quality, simple bags in that price range. I'd also recommend checking out Marc by Marc Jacobs, Michael by Michael Kors, Rebecca Minkoff, Brahmin... But most likely, just walking through a big department store something will catch your eye. Best of luck finding what you are looking for!

3. jennif2, You should check out Nordstrom.com and look @ all the bags there. Then phone the store. They are located in Roosevelt Field, Long Island, NY. About 25 minutes out of the city! They have an abundance of bags in that price range!

4. Louis Vuitton epi clutch in black. $440.00

5. #5 Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
    Thank you for your suggestions! The number of options are overwhelming... So far I'm liking Kate Spade "gold coast" and Longchamp "roseau" and the LV.... The Nordstrom search option helps.

6. Marc by Marc Jacobs has a bunch in your price range, chic and classic!

7. i agree with what everyone else has said and would add cole haan to the list!