Purse Newbie Needs Help With Unknown Stains

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi All!

I'm an avid reader for years but now in my own pickle. This rehab worthy il bisonte is all the bag I could afford and I need your help to restore to former gory.

I've read all over - but crippled with fear at the first step. She's cognac colored cowhide leather lined in canvas. I've done dunks before like toe Coach forum discussed, but don't know what to do with this type of leather.

TYIA! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467070442.490778.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467070464.391464.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467070475.608343.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467070483.810537.jpg

2. The leather looks dry - I would use a leather conditioner to moisturise it and brown polish to recolour and recondition the bag.

I use Saphir products myself, perhaps you could try looking for similar ones in your country:
    - Universal Cream for cleaning
    - Creme Surfine in brown for re-colouring and nourishing leather
    The medaille d'or range is more concentrated.

If this method does not work (it probably wouldn't be effective if your bag has been in this state for a really long time), I would recommend bringing it to a professional bag cleaning service.

Good luck!

3. Thank you Geraldine.rmg!

4. you don't have much to lose, I'd try a make-up removing milk, it's mild and will not dry the leather
    I apply a few drops on a cotton pad and rub it firmly back and forth, it creates a bit of soft foam which I then 'wash off' by a wet hand-towel, don't let it soak though, just rub and wipe.
    it takes longer to write than actually do, normally i have a towel well soaked and squeezed at one side ready near-by, so it takes just a couple of minutes.
    Then wipe it to dry with another dry side of the towel and apply any soft nourishing brown cream
    It's my remedy for denim transfer, hope it will help you as well

Good luck!