Purse Mishap......advice?

EvanCat

TPF is my Enabler!!!
May 12, 2011
Hello, I wanted to get some advice from you guys. I had bought an Isabelle in black from *bay right before Christmas and when it arrived I took it out of the box and then put it back in. So this past week I took it back out with the intentions of actually loading it up and using it. Well I immediately discovered that the crossbody strap was not the one that came with the purse. It was a different leather with darker hardware, non adjustable, and upon further inspection it says Kenneth Cole on the hardware. I was very upset so I sent an email to the seller and was even being nice like they must have liked this strap better on the bag and forgot to switch it back before they shipped it.

Well they got back to me and they said that they had dropped off another bag to a local charity and would go see if it was still there. It was not. So they offered me a return or some of my money back because of the strap.

What would you do? I wanted to ware it crossbody and this strap is ridiculous. Should I see if Coach will send me a replacement and get some of my money back or should I just return for a full refund?

Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Hello, I wanted to get some advice from you guys. I had bought an Isabelle in black from *bay right before Christmas and when it arrived I took it out of the box and then put it back in. So this past week I took it back out with the intentions of actually loading it up and using it. Well I immediately discovered that the crossbody strap was not the one that came with the purse. It was a different leather with darker hardware, non adjustable, and upon further inspection it says Kenneth Cole on the hardware. I was very upset so I sent an email to the seller and was even being nice like they must have liked this strap better on the bag and forgot to switch it back before they shipped it.

Well they got back to me and they said that they had dropped off another bag to a local charity and would go see if it was still there. It was not. So they offered me a return or some of my money back because of the strap.

What would you do? I wanted to ware it crossbody and this strap is ridiculous. Should I see if Coach will send me a replacement and get some of my money back or should I just return for a full refund?

Please let me know what you think. Thanks

That's horrible! I'm so sorry that happened to you! If you keep it, how much are they willing to refund you? Also, I would call and see if you can get a replacement strap. That may not even be an option for you.

Hi - I would return and get your money back. Specially if you wanted to use as a crossbody.
Macy's is having a sale and they are also starting to show up at outlets. I don't think coach will send you a replacement.

Good luck!

I haven't seen any black Isabelle's at my outlets but I'd still return it. There are always sales...even though apparently I miss them all or you could buy another from ebay. If the seller is willing to take it back then I'd send it back.

Someone on tpf bought a purse at Macy's that was missing the strap and Coach found her one, so it is possible that you might be able to find a strap. There is also a seller on ebay that sells Coach replacement straps. http://www.ebay.com/sch/silver-coach/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

If you can get a strap that is close to the original strap, you could keep the bag. You might want to explore these options before you return the bag. If you can find a strap, I would still expect a hefty refund from the seller for your trouble.

I would honestly just return and rebuy elsewhere - I give the seller props for trying to work with you by going to the charity to look for the other strap, but it's a recent bag in a common color, so my guess is that you will be able to find a perfect one :smile: