Purse Make-up/Creations

bellana

Oct 23, 2011
California
Ok ladies, just wondering, what are the items of make-up you carry with you everyday? Anyone else out there carry any "frankenmakeup"? For example I'll take Trish McEvoy's emergency card for eyes (or Smashbox's liner palette which is the same size) scrape out the shades I will never use and replace the space with MAC studio tech in NC 30, Laura Mercier secret concealer 2 and Nars multiple in Orgasm. I like to have lots of make-up but I like to keep things light and small. I also carry a mini eyeliner (black) from The Balm and Fresh Sugar tinted balm in Plum.
What are some things you take with you daily? Anyone else creating their own personalized palettes?

Cait

only once you live
Dec 11, 2005
I just carry whatever my LOTD is, hand cream, C&C blot sheets in Summer, Caudalie Lip Treatment, and a mini Avene thermal water.

May 13, 2010
Down in TX
Good idea using those little palettes!

I have Z Palettes, but I don't carry them with me, unless I am running super late in the morning.

I carry way too much.:shame:
LMdB glosses in Vanilla Rose, Captiva, and Cannes
Chanel Biarritz, Superstition and Beige Felin
Tom Ford Sable Smoke and Deep Mink
Kiehl's lip balm
4 lip liners
MAC blot powder
Edward Bess Summer in Capri quad
LM Caviar eye stick in Khaki
...and I consider myself a minimalist?

I have been traveling, so I could narrow it down to 2 lipsticks, but the glosses stay. I like to keep my options open! So many times I have arrived at work and feel I look washed out, so in case of a beauty emergency - I have back up.

I guess I could make a lip palette, but I loathe using a lip brush. I may look into this, it being a new year and all...

declaredbeauty

Addict
O.G.
Nov 18, 2007
Colorado Springs
I hate carrying too much makeup.. I think my eyes are my best facial feature so I play that up if I had to do an emergency face.. black eyeliner (Maybelline Unstoppable) and mascara (Covergirl Lash blast and Covergirl Exact Eyelights). I keep a pressed powder (NARS Pressed Powder) to blot away the shine. And lip gloss (NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Miami Babe).

Star15Rin

MAC Madness!
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
CT
I carry older eyeliners, like ones that are sharpened down so they are small. I also have a sample size Stila tinted moisturizer and Stila Convertible Color. I am always so glad to have those two products with me in the tiny sizes! Occasionally, if I find a Clinique GWP e/s or blush that is small, I carry that with me too.

May 1, 2006
In my purse right now.....

Rosebud Salve
Chapstick (not too special, haha, but a necessity)
Crystal nail file
Smashbox Eyeshadow Trio in Headshot
Boscia blotting sheets
Perfume samples of Lola and J'Adore and Givenchy Very and Absolutely irresistible
Sonia Kashuk Mini Hair Brush

There's also a random Covergirl lipgloss in Watermelon and a Victoria's Secret lipgloss in a pinkish shade