Purse liners - do you leave it in the bag while not in use?

fellys

Dec 21, 2015
I'm thinking of getting some purse liners like samorga to prevent any damage to hologram and to maintain the shape of my bags. Have been on a vintage chanel hunt recently and have noticed how many bags have their insides all scratched/stained.

Due to space constraints, I would prefer to keep these in the bag rather than having to store it somewhere else. Do you all do this or do you switch it out to keep it stuffed with tissue/bag pillow instead?

Thanks!

I just received the one I ordered today and am using it to store inside my lamb mini. Only time will tell how it looks, but I am excited for an easy way to store my bags. I otherwise would wrap the chains and stuff with tissue, but have to be really cognizant of keeping the sides even and making sure the chains don’t leave imprints inside. Now I don’t have to worry!

I just received the one I ordered today and am using it to store inside my lamb mini. Only time will tell how it looks, but I am excited for an easy way to store my bags. I otherwise would wrap the chains and stuff with tissue, but have to be really cognizant of keeping the sides even and making sure the chains don’t leave imprints inside. Now I don’t have to worry!

Yes! That's what I worry about too! Esp with lamb, have to worry about saggy sides, bottom and imprints. Just not sure if it's a good idea to leave it in there since I live in a humid region.

I just ordered more than 10 organizers from Samorga for all my bags! I used to get those for bigger bags only but I am very careful about my bags and figured these will help keep the shape and maintain the inside. I plan to leave them in the bag while stored. I live in a very humid area as well and now your post made me think.. what kind of damage could the felt cause? All of my bags are in caviar leather..
I air my bags daily (leave my closet open for few hours) and store with silica gel..

I don't know why leaving a felt organizer in a handbag would cause a problem? Like XCCX, I used to only buy Samorga for my large bags. I now buy them for all of my bags, and have found that storing them inside the bags works perfectly well. The only exception I make is for the WOC Saver, which is not technically the same as a bag organizer. I don't want to permanently stretch the base of the WOC, so I remove that to store.

Reactions: 880 and XCCX
Yes I keep all of my samorga inserts in my bags all of the time. I guess that’s the point if we want to prevent bag’s shape, put them inside during storage. I do still fill them with papers though to make the shape stays better (in my theory).

I also live in a humid area but I place them in dry corner, out of direct sunlight in my bedroom where air con is on most of the time. I am sure they are fine as I check the humidity level time after time. Without air-con it stays around 50% (65% in rainy season), where outside the room can be 80-90%. My leather flaps stored in in this level and they got mould often until I moved them in another area. So I’m sure deciding where you store them around the house counts. When the air con is on, it drops to around 45% or 55% in wet days. As long as the humidity level is below 60%, we’re good. At least that’s what I read and learn. HTH

Yes I keep all of my samorga inserts in my bags all of the time. I guess that’s the point if we want to prevent bag’s shape, put them inside during storage. I do still fill them with papers though to make the shape stays better (in my theory).

I also live in a humid area but I place them in dry corner, out of direct sunlight in my bedroom where air con is on most of the time. I am sure they are fine as I check the humidity level time after time. Without air-con it stays around 50% (65% in rainy season), where outside the room can be 80-90%. My leather flaps stored in in this level and they got mould often until I moved them in another area. So I’m sure deciding where you store them around the house counts. When the air con is on, it drops to around 45% or 55% in wet days. As long as the humidity level is below 60%, we’re good. At least that’s what I read and learn. HTH

How do you measure the humidity?

How do you measure the humidity?
I bought a very simple digital temperature with humidity meter. I actually bought several and put them inside my wardrobe where I put stuff I need to watch over like bags, coats and shoe cabinet. Something like this:

I bought a very simple digital temperature with humidity meter. I actually bought several and put them inside my wardrobe where I put stuff I need to watch over like bags, coats and shoe cabinet. Something like this:

Awesome! Thank you for sharing :smile:

Reactions: Iana24
I recently received my zoomoni organizer for my medium classic flap and its actually made it a little bit harder to close the bag, i have to apply a little more pressure. Did/does this happen to anyone else? Is that only happening because mine is new or did i get a "faulty" one? Thanks! :smile:

I recently received my zoomoni organizer for my medium classic flap and its actually made it a little bit harder to close the bag, i have to apply a little more pressure. Did/does this happen to anyone else? Is that only happening because mine is new or did i get a "faulty" one? Thanks! :smile:

I will receive my Samorga ones very soon and will update here. Sorry, I can’t comment on zoomoni, I hope others would help you!

Reactions: JennChanel