Arts & Crafts Purse hardware questions


where's my bag?!
Apr 25, 2006
Feel free to use this thread for all your purse hardware questions :biggrin:


Where can I find grommets for purses? I have been looking unsuccessfully online for 1 inch diameter metal grommets. Preferably snap-on style for faux leather that is about a quarter inch thick.

It is so that I can attach a shoulder strap to my handbag. I have already tried the Dritz 1" curtain grommets and those won't grab the pleather at all, pleather is too thick!

Is there another name for this type of hardware, like eyelet & washer? I just need something with a front and a backing because both sides of the bag will be seen. I'm desperate so even the piece that goes over a turnlock will do (whatever that is called)...