Purse Forum helps me spend more money! Pics!!!

photomj

Rocker Chic
O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
Whenever I shop with friends they always want to know how I can tell what kind of bag is on a shelf...I'll say: "Oh, that's a Kooba, there's a Botkier, there's a Marc Jacobs, etc...."

I tell them I know these bags thanks to the wonderful Purse Forum, where I've spent countless hours looking at all these handbags, to the point where I can recognize them at 30 feet away!!!!

Well, my knowledge came in REALLY handy yesterday! Our Off Fifth store moved locations and had a "Grand Opening". I had found out they were getting rid of their old handbag stock and there were "promises" of higher end designer bags coming into the new store. Of course, I had to go!!!

I got there five minutes after it opened and it was sheer pandemonium in the purse department! But, oh my God, there were some GREAT deals! I saw a Marc Jacobs Stam in Plum, GRABBED IT! Saw a Derek Lam, GRABBED IT! Saw Bottega's...GRABBED TWO! They had a table that was marked "Chanel" and I asked the salesgirl where they were. She said there had only been three and they were grabbed up! A few minutes went by and by then I had grabbed a Fendi, an Isabella Fiore, a Lockheart, a Dolce & Gabbana...and then it appeared....I saw an arm moving in, to place a bag on a table and in an instant I KNEW it was a Chanel! I just said: "I'll take that one please!" YEAH!!!!!

To top it all off, there was a girl who had grabbed a Jimmy Choo Riki and I told her that if she didn't want it, to find me, and I would take it from her....she found me about a half hour later and that one became mine too! I also grabbed a Valentino that appeared out of nowhere!!!

I had about 15 bags on hold and spent about 15 minutes narrowing them down to the final eight that I kept.

It was an awesome experience and I was so excited I couldn't even go to sleep until 4:00 am!

Thanks for letting me share, you guys! Seriously, it was only because of being a member of the Purse Forum that I knew what designers had made these bags and I had the chance to grab them before others, who didn't know which designer was which!

Hope you enjoy the pics.....

Attachments

• choo1.jpg
    choo1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 291
  • bottega_flap1.jpg
    bottega_flap1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 228
  • bottega_hobo1.jpg
    bottega_hobo1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 213
  • chanel1.jpg
    chanel1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 240
  • derek1.jpg
    derek1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 204
Great choices!! May I ask how much each was on sale for? I wish there was a place like that in Canada where we can get a discount on high end designers. Lucky you!!

OMG is a TOTAL UNDERSTATMENT!!!
As I read your thread, my own heartbeat started to race faster and faster and I can only imagine that yours must have been racing as well.
Woot woot!!
I just LOL and thought that this was not a dream....though I know many of us have dreamed of experiences like this!
What a GRAND score....and the Riki....GREAT color for Spring.....it will pop any outfit and your bags most of your bags are truly timeless!
Enjoy...thanks for sharing the joy and the pics!!!! Mighty kind of you.

And indeed, I know exactly what you mean about knowing all of these bags....it's a skill set that you put to good use!

OMG is a TOTAL UNDERSTATMENT!!!
As I read your thread, my own heartbeat started to race faster and faster and I can only imagine that yours must have been racing as well.
Woot woot!!
I just LOL and thought that this was not a dream....though I know many of us have dreamed of experiences like this!
What a GRAND score....and the Riki....GREAT color for Spring.....it will pop any outfit and your bags most of your bags are truly timeless!
Enjoy...thanks for sharing the joy and the pics!!!! Mighty kind of you.

And indeed, I know exactly what you mean about knowing all of these bags....it's a skill set that you put to good use!
Exactly how I feel...just couldn't catch my breath to type that much:sweatdrop: