Purse for Mother's Day

linzwvu08

Feb 26, 2008
Hi TPFers!

I am looking for a purse for my mother for Mother's Day. The only Coach purse she ever had, she ended up returning (Sig Stripe from around '06 in Black/Gunmetal). It was the large tote, but the straps were too short for her.

So what I am getting at is that I am looking for a black bag - either leather or signature - with long straps that is pretty large (not as big as a multi-function) and can be taken many places (sporting events to dressier occasions). She isn't a big purse person, but she needs something new! She has been carrying the same bag for quite some time (Vera Bradley microfiber- it is easy to keep clean).

If any of you have ANY suggestions I would appreciate them all! I am heading to the Pittsburgh Coach stores and Grove City outlet this weekend and I would like to pick something up then. Thanks!!!

Please include item numbers if you can!

;)

Ok. Do you like the Ergos? I love it! This are the bags I like for your mom (and for me to haha):

Ergo $328.00 Style No: 12235

12235_b4bk_a0_front

Of course the Carly (large Style No: 10620 $398.00 or medium Style No: 10619 $348.00)

10620_bbkbk_a0_front

10619_bbkbk_a0_front

hope this helps. the only Coach purse my mother has ever liked and kept and actualy worn is the Bleeker Large Sig Flap. They sell it in leather or signature fabric and the strap is quite long. It's plenty roomy and can be worn many places IMO.

Some other suggestions:
1. Legacy Leather Shoulder Strap - very nice style!
2. Slim Carly in Leather or all black Sig -this new style has a longer drop.
3. New Soho Leather Hobo is affordable and also has a longer strap drop.
4. Bleeker Leather Duffle, roomy with a nice long strap and so cute!

If my mother was living I would get her the medium bleecker duffle or the large bleecker flap. She would probably be upset though if she knew what it cost and would probably make me return it!

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas!

I think I will end up getting the Large Bleeker Duffle in either Black leather or signature or a Large Carly.

I am going to get the gold heart keyfob and attach it to the side :smile:

Also, don't forget Macy's Friends & Family sale starts next week. 20%
I am currently crazy about the Ergo Tote 11285 -- look on ebay to see it -- they have many in black. Has a 10" drop on the handles and is a good size, without being too big. I did the long drop, plus Ergo's are lightweight and it has the scrumptious Legacy lining!
Pic on my thread from today talking about this bag.
Let us know when you get!