Purse Dilemma, Help!!

KellieK

Sep 17, 2007
So I have a purse dilemma, my heart is torn in different ways and I don't know which one to go after :sad:

Here is my problem, I currently want 2 purses that I can at least buy one of them on Friday and get the other next month or something, since they aren't too high in the price range.

1st one is at a Online Consignment store, it's a barely used Gucci and its around 500. It's just a signature GG bag. But its cute and I don't have a Gucci yet and it's at a good price.

2nd one is this: http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=12191633 Which I am IN LOVE with the color, but not sure of size etc. But I have the tendency to love things even if its a size I don't like but I love the color. Again at a decent price.

BUT!!!! What I REALLY want is a Black Balenciaga City :heart: I haven't been lusting over one for years but I just never really got one. (Felt guilty paying that much for a bag). But I want one....bad.

So here is my dilemma.....should I buy one of the less-priced bags, esp since that one at the consignment store can be gone any minute? ORR should I just wait, save up...and buy the City since that is my dream bag. If I buy both the Gucci and the MbMJ, it prolly will be a long time till I can get the City. But then again, I get 2 bags for basically the price of one.... I'm confused, I need some help! !!!!!

I would wait and get the city. Since you want it in black and you LOVE it, you will get a ton of use out of it.

Yep, that's my advice too.

In fact, we have the same bag dream.
I've resolved to buy no more bags
and just save for the one I REALLY want - the City.

Just stuff that money you would have spent on either one (or both) of these other bags and stuff it in a shoe.
Do that with every other bag that tempts you too.
Before you know it, you'll have enough for your grail!

I too would go for the Bal! I'm not a fan of Gucci and the MJ in my opinion is too wide and not high enough. I have a bag in the same dimensions as the MJ and it's not my favorite shape at all. I would definitely save for the Bal!

definitely wait to get the city!! It's such a classic bag that will last you forever, where as the other bag (particularly the MJ) is more trendy

And speaking as a balenciaga lover, it's definitely worth saving up for!!! My fave bal of all is my black city.

I would wait and the one you really want. The fact that you're even asking this question shows you're not completely sold on the other two.

It sounds like your not thrilled with the Gucci, you said you only want it because it's a good price, not a great price I think, and you don't have one yet. Imho i wouldn't spend $100 on something just cause it's a good deal and i don't have one yet.

As far as the MJ bag goes: you love the color but not the bag. Don't settle on a color, if you love the color and the bag then sure get that but once again you don't seem too thrilled about it, just the color.

I would save up for the city, and in the mean time I would look for a dress in that color you like so much so you can have the best of both worlds.

I understand your dilemma. I'm in the same one, but I am trying so hard to save up for the one I really want. I think you should save for the city; the one that you want bad. good luck!

I agree, because I am definitely guilty of buying bags that aren't exactly what I want but are a good deal- but if I would have just saved my money I could have the one I really want! Having a closet full of good deals probably isn't as great as having "the one!"