Purse Ban Support Group

I'm not calling it a "ban", I'm calling it a "plan". That way it doesn't seem so painful.

My Plan is to buy only 4 bags this year, one for each season. I already purchased the Kooba Lena for fall/winter '06 (but since that was in '06 it doesn't count toward '07) :smile:

I bought a Kooba Paige for 1st quarter '07, and in the 2nd quarter I'm planning to buy the Kooba Elisha in red.

I don't have a definite purchase in mind for the 3rd and 4th quarters of this year. Goodness knows my wish list is long enough. I'll buy a couple from my list unless some new, gorgeous bag comes along that I just can't resist.

See how calling it a Plan makes it so much more palatable than a ban? Plus, I have something to look forward to! :yahoo:

I think I like the idea of the "Purse Plan" better than the Purse Ban!! This way, it doesn't seem like you are depriving yourself, rather, you are working towards a goal...

My purse plan is to get all the classics out of the way this year, so I can avoid future price increases. I have to admit that I started off the year a little bit too eager, as I bought 3 Balenciagas in the span of 1 month. I need to take it easy. It'll be hard though...i'm on a waiting list for a Chanel Baby Coco Cabas which should be coming in the next few weeks or so. Then, it'll be time to do serious saving before my trip to Paris in December. I'd love to see if I can snag a Birkin while I'm there! Otherwise, I'll just fill out my Chanel needs...

I can dream, right?:girlsigh:

I guess I sort of am. I'm basically trying not to spend too much money so I can catch up on my taxes and then save up some money. If I found a good deal on something I love though I'd be unbanned! So I guess it's not that strict. I don't buy purses that often though to begin with.

I am, but more of a restriction. I feel this way too:

:ban: The purse ban - it doesn't stop me, but it does slow me down...

I just finally ordered my COACH from the PC Event. Sigh. I had a lot of deciding what to do. CAN'T miss a COACH event. I'm like, I'll call them up and ask if they still have the scarf.... okay I'll get the bag - lol.

I ordered three bags from Bergdorfs but my card was declined, and I didn't re-order.

And I bought a cheaper bag on credit, but I'm returning it.

So really it's just the Coach from the EVENT! :biggrin:

Mostly I'm doing super well on the restriction. I'm less into it. I wish I had my Coach already (had to order) for my Spring Break, but instead I'm bringing the FABUlous Mousse Paddy. Greenish and all. (HAPPY ST. PADDY's DAY!!) It's perfecto. I'm just not into the luxe bags right now, because I went overboard with Chloe' in January. It's too much. I realized I never bought anything but purses for myself.

Sigh, it's good for me...

Yes, I'm on a ban that bf put me on. But i secretly ebayed a purse :shame: Well I actually told him and he got quite upset..So now I'm back on until the summer..:Push:
If I dont come over something else on ebay :sweatdrop: :rolleyes:

Hmm, I don't like your boyfriend putting you on it. Do you share a place together? Are you in a common law marriage?

Like my best friend always tells me what to do, but he can't control my money.

I think a husband should have some say when a couple share money, but that's it.

I do apologize if you feel like I'm intruding, but geez, you shouldn't have to hide one lone eBay purchase. Right? I'm trying to help - in case he's controlling. Stand on your own. Ee, I'm done. :angel:

I put myself on a self-imposed spending ban for the new year. I blew it on what else...a purse...er, I mean purses - some really cute tokidokis. I made it for 6 weeks. Now I have given up and bought two more purses this week. At least, I know for sure what my weakness is.

I love the idea of calling it a purse plan instead!

My plan is to not buy bags for four months, and to put any leftover money each month into savings for a trip I hope to take in September.

My purse ban is in my diary - it starts on April 30th and I'm aiming not to buy anything purse-wise for a whole year!
It's not for financial reasons - although my bank account will definitely love it - but because I'm far too obsessed with bags.
I'm buying a red LV speedy in France at the end of April and then that's it for a year....

I am! I bought an IF bag in January and I've been on a ban since. I tried to do a shoe ban too, but that didn't last--bought a pair of Michael Kors and Via Spiga at a good sale. I'm on ban to pay for my laser hair removal, but it's been really hard. I saw an MJ over the weekend that I wanted. Thank god I saw it in Baltimore though, so I can't run back to the store and buy it.