Purple metallic Chloe... Susieserb and Divnanata, I'm looking at YOU!

"I" baby! It looks fantastic to MOI! I had no idea that METALLIC purple is possible?! OMG. Yesterday I received a purple covered Chloe catalogue in the mail from the Chloe boutique in Bal Harbour and they showed THIS bag in a picture on a model and described it as a medium sized (?) Maya hobo in violet lambskin. Gorgeous more than I realized!

LOL, I knew I could count you in on anything weird and wonderful Div! Perhaps we actually have atrocious taste and everyone else think we're braindead...

And lambskin! That's new!

Did it look huge on the model?

I have no problem with this bag!! My gut feeling? It would look faboo on a tall person. What's the dimensions? Do you know?

The pic's from aloharag and they didn't have the dimensions, but I am curious too. I am not tall (sob sob) but I love this bag so much I would cut armholes in it and wear it as a dress if I had too LOL

I think this is the Maya style, a little bit smaller though.
Ok, Chloe boutique is my next stop this weekend...just thought I was over the Chloe purple bug for a while, LOL. I wonder if this metallic rubs off as easily as others? So far, my metallic tekla is holding up well, guess the type of leather does make a difference with loss of metallic paint??

That's a good point acshih - I didn't think about the trouble with metallic paint. It looks so liquid and smooth that I just assumed it was kind of patent and shiny/smooth so not a "rubbing off" kind of metallic. Does that make sense? Sorry, it's the end of the day and my ability to speak English is diminishing...:P

I_wona - I checked out AR and saw the pics in all their glory. I am downright confused now since the same style - the "Maya" - IS in my catalogue in purple but it doesn't say anything about it being metallic nor does it look shiny in the pic? Yet there is no question that the AR version is metallic. Once somebody is able to get the catalogue pics on here you will see that this bag looks incredible with an outfit and you don't have to be a giant! As is the case with lots of Chloes - our initial perceptions from first looks can be deceptive. I remember being somewhat turned off by Bays and Heloises and Betties and even Ediths. But once I saw them IRL and tried them on it was a whole different ballgame. From these catalogue modeling photos I am really liking a vermillion Maya strap bumbag. Never thought I'd be into something like that? Hopefully you will experience the real life deal to judge properly.

At least with AR (with a hefty restocking fee of 100 dollars and then shipping) you can return the bag if you don't like it? Sadly I did just that almost a year ago.

I basically told myself that it would cost allot more to travel and stay at an upscale shopping area (i.e. to scout out an unusual Chloe) than it is to pay the penalty fees to AR?:sweatdrop:

I_wona - I checked out AR and saw the pics in all their glory. I am downright confused now since the same style - the "Maya" - IS in my catalogue in purple but it doesn't say anything about it being metallic nor does it look shiny in the pic? Yet there is no question that the AR version is metallic. Once somebody is able to get the catalogue pics on here you will see that this bag looks incredible with an outfit and you don't have to be a giant! As is the case with lots of Chloes - our initial perceptions from first looks can be deceptive. I remember being somewhat turned off by Bays and Heloises and Betties and even Ediths. But once I saw them IRL and tried them on it was a whole different ballgame. From these catalogue modeling photos I am really liking a vermillion Maya strap bumbag. Never thought I'd be into something like that? Hopefully you will experience the real life deal to judge properly.

I can't wait to see that catalogue! And I totally agree about not liking Heloises and Bettys and even the Elvire vs trying them on and falling in love. I first saw the Bay in Taipei before I had ever heard anything about it and I was like "What IS this bag - I love it!" The SAs were trying to tell me the name in English, and I though they said "Chloe Bet." LOL I was googling "Chloe Bet" for about two months before it appeared on tPF and I was like "Oh, "Bay" - riiiight!"

As for the bumbag, I can't wait to see that either - I'm loving the Maya at the moment.

At least with AR (with a hefty restocking fee of 100 dollars and then shipping) you can return the bag if you don't like it? Sadly I did just that almost a year ago.

I basically told myself that it would cost allot more to travel and stay at an upscale shopping area (i.e. to scout out an unusual Chloe) than it is to pay the penalty fees to AR?:sweatdrop:

Hmmm, good reasoning susie. I think I should adapt that. After all, it would cost me an airfare and accommodation to get anywhere near a decent Chlore store. :idea:

Am not sure if anyone should order this bag from AR. Just got back from boutique at SCP, it does not carry the purple color but it did carry the silver one. The color is sprayed on lambskin, making the lambskin really, really stiff. So stiff, it actually felt like vinyl. And it is very shiny, and gets these nasty folds/scratches on it....I don't think I will be getting it...

Hummm I wonder if the purple is a different story than the sprayed on lamb? I_wona I laughed and laughed over your Bay adventure in Taipei. Your as good as the information you get right? Our mother speaks with a broken accent. Div and I snort that we can understand broken English better than clear dialect!!

BTW I the more I visually caress your heart's deeeesire the more it captivates me. The purple makes this Chloe totally rock.

Am not sure if anyone should order this bag from AR. Just got back from boutique at SCP, it does not carry the purple color but it did carry the silver one. The color is sprayed on lambskin, making the lambskin really, really stiff. So stiff, it actually felt like vinyl. And it is very shiny, and gets these nasty folds/scratches on it....I don't think I will be getting it...

Hum, that's good to know - cracking and peeling always takes years off my life. Thanks acshih!

Hummm I wonder if the purple is a different story than the sprayed on lamb? I_wona I laughed and laughed over your Bay adventure in Taipei. Your as good as the information you get right? Our mother speaks with a broken accent. Div and I snort that we can understand broken English better than clear dialect!!

LOL I'm so glad there are other people in the same boat. My mum is terrible, sometimes, I think she pretends she can't understand, y'know just for fun. And to torture people.

oh, and before I forget - DIV - I saw the catalogue posted by acshih... OH. MY. GOD. Yes, I totally understand about the bumbag. And my wishlist has now blown out so far that I need to win lotto to bring it back under wraps.

Isn't it awful, I_wona? As soon as you think - "Well I can't possibly want to buy anything else!" - the new season kicks in and you start getting palpitations. I don't NEED a bumbag exagerating my already generous bum - but man is it cute! You didn't see the other modeling pictures from the fold out I was sent. Maybe today I can figure out how to get it on here while my DD is in town?