Purple Haze Zip Devote...Anyone Interested in a Look-See??

Cathy_Mac

Apr 23, 2008
Last month, I pre-ordered my Rebecca Minkoff Zip Devote in Purple Haze from "My Obsessions Boutique". It had an availability date of 08/31/09 but, happily, became available earlier than I anticipated and was mailed to me last Saturday. I received the delivery attempt notice from USPS on Monday but thought it was a duplicate form for another RM bag I had just picked up that same morning. So...this amazingly beautiful handbag has been waiting patiently, in a box, at the local post office all this time! I just had the opportunity to "rescue" her today.

Since I have yet to see a reveal of this style/color, I thought I would entertain anyone who is interested with a sneak peek. I took the photos indoors, in natural light, with a flash. It was difficult to capture the true color of the leather but I can assure you it is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. The Purple Haze almost has a glow to it...she is radiant, to say the least. Here she is:

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

The leather is soft and on its way to being smooshy but not quite as soft as the leather on my Stud Devote, which is also fairly new and still breaking in. The leather appears almost glazed (I don't know how else to describe it) so maybe that accounts for its feel and texture (and sheen)? She is definitely not stiff at all, though.

wowwwwww :drool: i really like the color! u know..there's been some ladies here revealing their purple haze bags, but ur pics seems to show the true color of purple haze the best (imo :P)

i'd so consider getting this devote, but the lining just kills it for me :s

WOW! This is gorgeous. I so hate myself for missing this on ebay the other day!! I want this with a discount code :P

Ivy-- I'm pretty sure the "haze" bags are similar to the leather of scarlett, eggshell, sunshine except they are not AS distressed.

Thank you Cathy and Desi!

I owned both MAM and Nikki in Scarlet.. but sold the nikki because I didn't think the leather works so well on nikki. After seeing the picture in the celebrity section, I have been wanting a darling in PH.. How do you think this going to look on Darling.. ?

Thanks for the feedback!

Mad, the lining does leave a lot to be desired and reminds me of a pair of Keds I own...don't ask! I figure I can overlook it, though, for such a lovely exterior.

Desi, I also saw that listing on eBay (was it from HauteChick?) and had it on my watch list, even though I knew this one was already on its way! Silly me. It was a great deal, too. I lucked out and was able to purchase this handbag with a temporary discount code, since I was a new customer to MOB. Maybe it was also prior to the recent discount code crackdowns?? I rarely buy handbags for full price but with the discount, I caved on this one.

The Keds is question are skimmers with owls on them...they were the first thing I thought of when I saw this lining! It just seems out of place on a handbag this color, especially one released for the fall. The lining is very young and spring-like. I'd say it was a "flighty" choice but that would be an awful pun.