Alexander Wang *~*Purple Haze Rockie Reveal*~* A Webster Miami Exclusive!

May 7, 2008
Hey, hey all you Wangsters.....Purple Haze Rockie has arrived!!!!!

This bag is VERY purple...I was kinda hoping for a bit more pink in it, but that's not the case. Definitely a pretty true, grape colored purple! Very pretty, and ohhhhh so cute! Surprisingly, I actually love the way the Rockie opens as it makes it so easy to get in and out and access all of your stuff inside. I am sure zipping it all the time to get in and out would be a bit of a pain though...and I am hoping I can get away with only partially zipping it as I do with my Jane.

Anyhow, I like the size, albeit small, but it's just so darn cute you can't help but love it!! I tooks tons of pics and I also did weight comparison between the Rockie and my Luggae Rocco.

Empty Weight
Rockie: 2 lbs 6oz.
Rocco: 3 lbs 3oz.

I also weighed my Rebecca Minkoff MAB for reference which came in at 2 lbs 13 oz empty.

Rockie filled with all my junk weighs in at a whoping 4 lbs 5oz.!!! Ouch, but honestly in the grand scheme of things, I don't feel like Rocco or Rockie are really all that much heavier than say the MAB or other designers bags I have owned.

The leather on Rockie seems thicker and of course stiffer than my Rocco. I asked for the most nicely and evenly pebbled Rockie they had and I think this one looks good in that regard. So I will now inundate you will pictures! :P

The Rockie is actually easier to get your stuff in and out of than the Rocco...for obvious reason, and there are two small interior pockets in the Rockie in addition to the zippered compartment which my Rocco does not have. This is a definite plus for me!! I was initially a bit disappointed that the color wasn't more pink as I had mentioned, but the more I look at it, the more it is growing on me. Knowing that this is a Lt. Ed. bag also makes me much more inclined to keep it as I am sure I will kick myself down the road if I let it go and especially if we don't see any more colors from AW in the pink/purple family. Right now, other than the apple green, it's really the only color I'd want in the Rockie, so I think for that reason and not knowing what will see in the future PH is likely a keeper! Hope you all enjoyed my pictures and review and please do let me know your thoughts and opinions! :flowers:

5931aae7.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you like it! I agree with the opening being really easy to get into. I wish they made a regular size rocco with that opening.

When I tried the bag at the Webster I just thought if only this was a full rocco with this zipper opening, it would be mine!

I think this type of opening would be too much on the Rocco b/c of the size, kwim? I think it would take up too much of the bag and it would loose it's shape and be a floppy mess. But I do agree that the opening makes the Rockie so much easier and user friendly to access your stuff. :smile:
Glad you like it! I agree with the opening being really easy to get into. I wish they made a regular size rocco with that opening.

When I tried the bag at the Webster I just thought if only this was a full rocco with this zipper opening, it would be mine!

Thank you! I will try and take a few mod pics and post them soon! ;)
I love the color, congrats!! I love when I see a lot of pictures on a reveal, makes it more fun than one or two. Any modeling pics??

I love it scoobies!!! The color is awesome and totally pops.. it's simply gorgeous! I am sitting around waiting for the black and silver version of this bag.. though the suede/nubuck versions in black and mustard are catching my eye. And now of course with these real life pictures of the purple.. I'm just all sorts of confused of what to get now!

I love it scoobies!!! The color is awesome and totally pops.. it's simply gorgeous! I am sitting around waiting for the black and silver version of this bag.. though the suede/nubuck versions in black and mustard are catching my eye. And now of course with these real life pictures of the purple.. I'm just all sorts of confused of what to get now!
you and me both :biggrin: