~* PURPLE HAZE MAM Reveal *~

kdo

Let's Go Caps!
O.G.
Nov 1, 2008
OK, no clever title here. Let's get to the chase...

I pre-ordered this bag after being obsessed with the MAB photo on Stefani Bags. I was starting to get real nervous when IRL pictures was shared in the Purple Haze thread. After two attempts I finally retrieved my zip MAM today.

Here's my initial review...The leather is perfectly distressed for me. It is hearty and durable, somewhat stiff but it should break in nicely. The jury is still out as to the evolution of the leather and the overall smoosh factor will be with the vertical zippers. The shade is a lovely shade of purple, with just the right amount of blue -- not too much. This color is REALLY hard to capture, even in natural light. The gunmetal hardward looks awesome, and I must admit that I was not originally a gunmetal fan. I like the new bird lining (I think -- it's different), although I would have preferred the grey/white stripes. I'm bummed about the zippers just being decorative. If only the horizontal zips were actual pockets, they would have certainly added to the functionality of the bag. Oh, the handles are the new sealed ones --they're perfect.

Ok, enough yapping...here are the pics! For some reason, many of the pics look bluer than IRL. This one's a cameleon.

Under my outdoor umbrella

IMG_6590.jpg

IMG_6591.jpg

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6593.jpg

Under sunlight and overcast sky

IMG_6598.jpg

IMG_6600.jpg

IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

Initial smoosh factor. Indoor with natural lighting. Last pic or two might have had flash.

IMG_6603.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6605.jpg

IMG_6606.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

New sealed handle

IMG_6594.jpg

Gussetted interior pockets

IMG_6595.jpg

The End.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I pre-ordered one and after the pics in the other thread I was nervous! But your pics have restored my love for PH. I can't wait until I get mine!

Gorgeous! I am absolutely LOVING this color and it looks to be utter perfection with the gunmetal hardware! I cant wait til my PH 3-Zip MAC gets here! Which picture would you say is most accurate to real life?

Such a gorgeous shade of purple, congrats! Love that they went with the gunmetal. It's perfect. And while I'm not a huge fan of this lining, I think it goes pretty well with this particular bag. Enjoy her!

OMG I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::heart::heart::heart:

This is like the color purple I've been waiting for Rebecca to release for a while!! I LOVE this bag!!!! Thank you for posting these pictures kdo!! And talk about that lining!! Can you please take more pictures of that as well?

Well your pics I love the color! well I take that back it looks more blue than purple? Funny that one zipper on top of the real pocket is jsut decoration odd a zipper that goes no where LOL

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this is BEAUTIFUL! :drool: You're totally right kdo about feeling the :heart: again after seeing your pics and reading your descriptions! The level of distressing is just perfect! May I ask where you got your bag from, since yours almost looks different from what hethero has?

My Zip MAM is "out for delivery" right now but it's still not here!! Normally the UPS guy comes no later than 2 pm... so they must have missed my box (it happened before). Now I want my bag really bad!! :pout:

Congrats and thank you so much for sharing!