Purple Crash Warning!!!!

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
Do not, I repeat, do not, buy the Purple Crash WTM unless.... you're cool with a lot of attention! I wore mine today and went to the outlet mall at Vacaville. The first store I hit was the Coach outlet and from the second I walked into the store SA's were coming up to me and asking me about my bag - I go up there periodically so a couple of them recognized me and I've worn my SM's up there as well. Everyone was commenting on how gorgeous the bag was, where did I get it, what was the leather, etc. One of them wanted all the info on how to order one so I think BE has a few new fans. This scene was repeated everywhere I went I swear - I ran into someone I knew at another store and she loved my WTM, got several compliments on her at lunch even! This WTM in the Purple Crash is really a showstopper! I must always dress well and wear makeup when I carry her;)

Suzzeee, this is old news for me! Ever since I've been wearing mine, I get stopped, stared at, asked about it....it's a definite head-turner.

Attention aside, I absolutely love carrying it.

I wish I had the guts to wear the purple. It is just gorgeous! I know I could pull off a brown crash or a black crash but the only colors I have ever worn are all some type of red.:shrugs:

I wish I had the guts to wear the purple. It is just gorgeous! I know I could pull off a brown crash or a black crash but the only colors I have ever worn are all some type of red.:shrugs:

Suzi, it's more versatile than you think. I call it the "new black"

Perhaps you could try a Hug Me first......it's smaller and you could see how the color works for you.

Do not, I repeat, do not, buy the Purple Crash WTM unless.... you're cool with a lot of attention! I wore mine today and went to the outlet mall at Vacaville. The first store I hit was the Coach outlet and from the second I walked into the store SA's were coming up to me and asking me about my bag - I go up there periodically so a couple of them recognized me and I've worn my SM's up there as well. Everyone was commenting on how gorgeous the bag was, where did I get it, what was the leather, etc. One of them wanted all the info on how to order one so I think BE has a few new fans. This scene was repeated everywhere I went I swear - I ran into someone I knew at another store and she loved my WTM, got several compliments on her at lunch even! This WTM in the Purple Crash is really a showstopper! I must always dress well and wear makeup when I carry her;)

OMG! When I saw the title of the thread, I thought "Oh no! What's wrong???":P

I'm happy to hear it's because the bag is too beautiful! The purple color is so unique. I haven't taken my Choco Crash out for a spin yet, it's still too warm and sunny here in LA, and I don't think it goes with my summer clothes. But soon... I'm thinking the Choco is a bit more subtle than the Purple, which is great with me, I'm not one who wants attention, but I certainly welcome an appreciation for a beautiful bag.

This was true for me too, at a smaller rate, when I carried the Hold Me. I got stares (which I never get haha) and the girls at the dentist raved about the purple outside and pink inside. It's definitely different!

Suzi, it's more versatile than you think. I call it the "new black"

Perhaps you could try a Hug Me first......it's smaller and you could see how the color works for you.

Well, I seriously need to take baby steps. I'm thinking chocolate crash might ease me into it. I do LOVE the purple though. It is so striking and unusual.

Contessa is right - I'm not a huge fan of metallics and I think the only two I own outside of evening bags are from BE. The Purple Crash gets noticed I think more for the gorgeous vivid color than the metallic treatment although it does look amazing in sunlight! I used it a lot last week/weekend and it goes with almost anything so it's really versatile - black, brown, grey, purples, pinks, dk. greens, blues - all look great with this bag! Plus purple/plum are such hot colors this season you could very easily pick up some prints that had a bit of this color in it and really coordinate!