Purple Crash Warning!!!!

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
California
Do not, I repeat, do not, buy the Purple Crash WTM unless.... you're cool with a lot of attention! I wore mine today and went to the outlet mall at Vacaville. The first store I hit was the Coach outlet and from the second I walked into the store SA's were coming up to me and asking me about my bag - I go up there periodically so a couple of them recognized me and I've worn my SM's up there as well. Everyone was commenting on how gorgeous the bag was, where did I get it, what was the leather, etc. One of them wanted all the info on how to order one so I think BE has a few new fans. This scene was repeated everywhere I went I swear - I ran into someone I knew at another store and she loved my WTM, got several compliments on her at lunch even! This WTM in the Purple Crash is really a showstopper! I must always dress well and wear makeup when I carry her;)

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Suzzeee, this is old news for me! Ever since I've been wearing mine, I get stopped, stared at, asked about it....it's a definite head-turner.

Attention aside, I absolutely love carrying it.

*suzi*

O.G.
Sep 16, 2006
Ohio
I wish I had the guts to wear the purple. It is just gorgeous! I know I could pull off a brown crash or a black crash but the only colors I have ever worn are all some type of red.:shrugs:

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
I wish I had the guts to wear the purple. It is just gorgeous! I know I could pull off a brown crash or a black crash but the only colors I have ever worn are all some type of red.:shrugs:
Suzi, it's more versatile than you think. I call it the "new black"

Perhaps you could try a Hug Me first......it's smaller and you could see how the color works for you.

missmary

Jun 14, 2006
Los Angeles
Do not, I repeat, do not, buy the Purple Crash WTM unless.... you're cool with a lot of attention! I wore mine today and went to the outlet mall at Vacaville. The first store I hit was the Coach outlet and from the second I walked into the store SA's were coming up to me and asking me about my bag - I go up there periodically so a couple of them recognized me and I've worn my SM's up there as well. Everyone was commenting on how gorgeous the bag was, where did I get it, what was the leather, etc. One of them wanted all the info on how to order one so I think BE has a few new fans. This scene was repeated everywhere I went I swear - I ran into someone I knew at another store and she loved my WTM, got several compliments on her at lunch even! This WTM in the Purple Crash is really a showstopper! I must always dress well and wear makeup when I carry her;)
OMG! When I saw the title of the thread, I thought "Oh no! What's wrong???":P

I'm happy to hear it's because the bag is too beautiful! The purple color is so unique. I haven't taken my Choco Crash out for a spin yet, it's still too warm and sunny here in LA, and I don't think it goes with my summer clothes. But soon... I'm thinking the Choco is a bit more subtle than the Purple, which is great with me, I'm not one who wants attention, but I certainly welcome an appreciation for a beautiful bag.

mayajuliana

~Mind, Body, Soul~
O.G.
Feb 23, 2007
This was true for me too, at a smaller rate, when I carried the Hold Me. I got stares (which I never get haha) and the girls at the dentist raved about the purple outside and pink inside. It's definitely different!

*suzi*

O.G.
Sep 16, 2006
Ohio
Suzi, it's more versatile than you think. I call it the "new black"

Perhaps you could try a Hug Me first......it's smaller and you could see how the color works for you.
Well, I seriously need to take baby steps. I'm thinking chocolate crash might ease me into it. I do LOVE the purple though. It is so striking and unusual.

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
The plum crash is more subtle than it looks. I would get more than one style in this color, but my DH advised that I should "diversify" my collection a bit! Boo! :crybaby:

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
California
Contessa is right - I'm not a huge fan of metallics and I think the only two I own outside of evening bags are from BE. The Purple Crash gets noticed I think more for the gorgeous vivid color than the metallic treatment although it does look amazing in sunlight! I used it a lot last week/weekend and it goes with almost anything so it's really versatile - black, brown, grey, purples, pinks, dk. greens, blues - all look great with this bag! Plus purple/plum are such hot colors this season you could very easily pick up some prints that had a bit of this color in it and really coordinate!

Cornflower Blue

O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
You temptress you!! Just as well it's out of stock at the minute, or who knows what my itchy trigger finger would do! LOL!!