Purple bag dilemma

Sep 7, 2009
Hi fellow Coachies,
I am debating between the Purple Madison shoulder bag and the Purple gathered Sophia. I bought both but only want to keep one. I have the shoulder bag in Mahagony and Crimson patent. I have the gathered in Black. I favour the shoulder bag style a little over Sophia but am comfortable with Sophia style too. I am worried if I return the Gathered Sophia in Purple I maynot find one. I dont want to keep both. What should I do ?

Attachments

• Coach-Carryalls-23.jpg
    Coach-Carryalls-23.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 53
  • coach-hobos-madison-leather-large-shoulder-bag.jpg
    coach-hobos-madison-leather-large-shoulder-bag.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 59
I went with the purple gathered sophia even though I don't usually like satchels because the gathered leather elevated the style for me and the price of the gathered shoulder bag was over 2x as much. Fortunately for me, the large at least kind of becomes a hobo shape when using the long strap. Since you already have a couple of MSBs, I would branch out to the gathered sophia and return the purple shoulder bag.

I agree, you already have two Madison Shoulder Bags and it would be great to have some variety with your bags. The Gathered Sophia in purple is beautiful. It is such a deep and rich colour that would work well with any outfit you have.

I definitely vote for the Purple Gathered Sophia :smile:

Heh, you're having the same dilemma I've been having, so I'm probably no help to you. :P

I'm actually hoping the purple gathered shoulder bag goes to outlet. That would solve my dilemma! :graucho:

I would return them both, save $150 from the price of the gathered sophia and get the plain purple.

I think the color and the leather speak for itself on this bag. The gathering, in my opinion, takes away from the perdy purple.

I know I'm in the minority here, but if it were on Project Runway, I think that both Nina and Michael would say the purple gathered is "overdone".

I went with the purple gathered sophia even though I don't usually like satchels because the gathered leather elevated the style for me and the price of the gathered shoulder bag was over 2x as much. Fortunately for me, the large at least kind of becomes a hobo shape when using the long strap. Since you already have a couple of MSBs, I would branch out to the gathered sophia and return the purple shoulder bag.

ITA...I prefer MSB but the Gathered MSB is beyond my $$ comfort zone, so in this case (and because OP already has two MSBs) I'd recommend gathered Sophia.