Purchasing Rolex

Hi Swanky, I am new to the Dallas area and am considering my first Rolex. Do you recommend a specific AD in the area and do you have any insight on current wait times? I am interested in a 28 date just two toned.

There's a Rolex boutique in Highland Park Village, they and the Ft Worth Bachendorfs called me for my waitlist items. I had no luck at either Bachendorfs in Dallas nor much luck with Eiseman's.

I gave up waiting locally and been eying resellers for bn for a number of months now. Demand is just too high vs stock levels (so I understand) where I am. I got told my chances were slim and it would take years if I ever did get what I wanted by multiple ADs.

Rolex newbie here - I went to an AD today trying on Datejusts for the first time. The sales associate told me once I knew what I’d like (I was undecided on the diamond or Roman numeral markers) she can see if they could order one, and she also mentioned they would need a $1k deposit. Is that common practice for purchasing a Rolex these days? I was literally expecting to just be put on a waitlist and wait, based on what I’ve read so far, so am a bit confused.

Thanks!
My AD used to ask for a 20% deposit on all watches ordered from the manufacturer (Rolex or any watch brand they sell). You would get the deposit back if you decided not to buy the watch. But this was a few years ago, mostly pre-Covid, before Rolex stopped all orders. My AD still does this, but no ordering is accepted for Rolex and Tudor. Since the pandemic, a buyer must be put on a waitlist and it's up to the manager to allocate the watches they receive. I know it depends on the country you live in or if in the states what your local AD "rules" are.

I gave up waiting locally and been eying resellers for bn for a number of months now. Demand is just too high vs stock levels (so I understand) where I am. I got told my chances were slim and it would take years if I ever did get what I wanted by multiple ADs.

What country?

I’m in the US, I’ve been getting call backs for a 36mm gold Presidential the last few months.

I was told if I want a Ladyjust the wait would be minimal.

What country?

I’m in the US, I’ve been getting call backs for a 36mm gold Presidential the last few months.

I was told if I want a Ladyjust the wait would be minimal.
Australia. I ended up giving up and purchased from Asia. I was only after a datejust. I guess cos it's considered 'entry level' maybe that is why the wait is long.

I haven't looked at the full gold models. I would imagine those would be quicker to obtain.

I know yours got stolen, hope you were able to replace it.

Australia. I ended up giving up and purchased from Asia. I was only after a datejust. I guess cos it's considered 'entry level' maybe that is why the wait is long.

I haven't looked at the full gold models. I would imagine those would be quicker to obtain.

I know yours got stolen, hope you were able to replace it.

Thanks, we were able to replace it!
What I meant was the small model (Ladyjust) isn’t so popular here locally, there’s fewer of the 31 or larger gold watches apparently. I have had call backs but it hasn’t been a good time to buy… hopefully my sweet DH surprises me!

Thanks, we were able to replace it!
What I meant was the small model (Ladyjust) isn’t so popular here locally, there’s fewer of the 31 or larger gold watches apparently. I have had call backs but it hasn’t been a good time to buy… hopefully my sweet DH surprises me!
Fantastic! I'm glad you were able to replace it. I know it's not the same though. It's hard, I do understand. Hope he surprises you too!

Actually I do recall an AD saying the lady was easier to get. I'd love a 36. The one I just purchased was a 41. Can't wait to see the look on his face when I give it to him. ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Swanky
There's a Rolex boutique in Highland Park Village, they and the Ft Worth Bachendorfs called me for my waitlist items. I had no luck at either Bachendorfs in Dallas nor much luck with Eiseman's.
My hubby swinged into Highland Park last weekend and they had a couple of LadyJust and 31’s available to purchase but not what I was looking for. He took our info down and said probably 3-6 months.

Reactions: lishukha and Swanky
My hubby swinged into Highland Park last weekend and they had a couple of LadyJust and 31’s available to purchase but not what I was looking for. He took our info down and said probably 3-6 months.
Update, a little under 2 months we were contacted and I picked up my watch :smile: I am sure it had to do with wanting a 28 vs one of the larger sizes but I am thrilled with the short wait and getting contacted with no purchase history!

• Love
Reactions: Swanky
Update, a little under 2 months we were contacted and I picked up my watch :smile: I am sure it had to do with wanting a 28 vs one of the larger sizes but I am thrilled with the short wait and getting contacted with no purchase history!

Awesome!! I was told the Ladyjust would be easier to acquire, would love to see pics!