Purchasing Rolex

Very interesting. I went to Hawaii 2 weeks ago and to 2 ads. I was looking for the same configuration but they didn’t have any in stock. I’m surprised they can order it for you without you being in Hawaii!

Very interesting. I went to Hawaii 2 weeks ago and to 2 ads. I was looking for the same configuration but they didn’t have any in stock. I’m surprised they can order it for you without you being in Hawaii!
Same with me, i was there 2 weeks ago also, went to 2 AD in Maui, there were no new watches at either store. Only exhibition watches

Same with me, i was there 2 weeks ago also, went to 2 AD in Maui, there were no new watches at either store. Only exhibition watches

I reached out maybe a month ahead of time and let them know the dates I am staying and what I was interested in (which was only this one specific configuration). They put in an order and said no guarantees but a few weeks later let me know that its going to be there for me. I'm surprised as well as I've had difficulty in my local area.
thanks all for the advice, I'm gonna get it and post pics :smile:

I would definitely buy it. I ended up buying mine pre-owned on eBay because the Rolex I visited in the Switzerland airport only had exhibition watches, none were for sale. And from what I've heard on tpf, there are waiting lists that can be 1+ years away. I didn't want to wait, and since I don't have a spending history with an AD anywhere, I just purchased on eBay.

Congratz and definitely post pictures when you get it.

Reactions: eggz716
I would definitely buy it. I ended up buying mine pre-owned on eBay because the Rolex I visited in the Switzerland airport only had exhibition watches, none were for sale. And from what I've heard on tpf, there are waiting lists that can be 1+ years away. I didn't want to wait, and since I don't have a spending history with an AD anywhere, I just purchased on eBay.

Congratz and definitely post pictures when you get it.
you convinced me :smile: will seize the chance!

Hi!
I'm new to the watch scene, just have an Apple Watch. I'm traveling to Hawaii soon and reached out to an AD last month about a specific configuration I would love and hoping to try on. I knew it was a long shot, but guess what, she ordered it and it will be there to try on when I arrive! It's the Lady DJ 28mm, 2 tone YG/SS, MOP dial with diamond dial, fluted bezel.

My question is, should I just purchase it when I am there? Is this considered a rare opportunity to get the exact configuration I want? When I visit AD locations in my area, they make it seem impossible or a very long wait. I'm not sure how easy or hard it is to find a particular Rolex these days. Thanks for your advice!
Buy it if you truly like it and your budget permits you to do so.

• Love
Reactions: eggz716
I love it!! Congrats! Mind if I ask how much was it?
thanks! $12,300 USD i believe. the rolex website configurator shows you all the prices so you know what rabbit hole you are going down :smile:
Congratulation, it's beautiful! Did your SA advise you not to wear it with the Love bracelet? The bracelet will damage your watch's mechanism and scratch it.
She didnt say either way! actually she said it looked nice next to my love. She did say some people switch the bracelet to be opposite side of the watch. I’ve been wearing the love and watch on the same left wrist and although it feels good, i’m going to switch the love to my right wrist so the watch can be by itself :smile:

As promised, here she is! I couldn’t resist! 28mm lady datejust, two-tone yellow gold/steel, fluted bezel, and best of all, mother of Pearl! Thank you all for the encouragement. My first and likely only rolex!

View attachment 5619836View attachment 5619837View attachment 5619838View attachment 5619839View attachment 5619840
I have this exact configuration and I love it! Just wondering, your mop looks quite colorful in some photos - is it colorful in real life too? Mine does not have any color (e.g pink, blue, green) at all in real life but it has "depth" (the "clouds") and it looks just like your last photo.

I have this exact configuration and I love it! Just wondering, your mop looks quite colorful in some photos - is it colorful in real life too? Mine does not have any color (e.g pink, blue, green) at all in real life but it has "depth" (the "clouds") and it looks just like your last photo.
at certain angles and light it is colorful. most of the time in just plain indoor light I would say its a silvery cloud appearance like you mentioned :smile: