Purchasing my first Rolex

Hi Everyone,

I’m thinking of buying my first Rolex, currently looking at these models. What do you all think? Which one should I get? I really like with the diamond bezel but I wonder if it’s too flashy if I want to wear it everyday with jeans and a simple top and sweater

408F987C-2F7C-445F-ABE5-32BA5A6F9BBB.png

F944B97C-9B73-4B26-AF21-6C0DD65663C7.png

37701EC9-1452-413B-8C83-6E02F0F2B051.png

F13DFEC5-7750-428B-B5A2-0E7E4CE2D909.png

766C30EE-3079-40E4-BBD8-203B82CF64D8.png

F7398F73-1066-4AF4-8033-2557FF23AC69.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for number 1. I have almost the exact watch, but with Roman numerals instead of diamond markers. I absolutely love it, it is extremely versatile and wonderful watch.

If you like to mix metals, number 2 would also be a good option. I don’t wear any gold because it doesn’t go well with my skin tone, but I think this would be a great watch as well if you want it to match different colored jewelry.

Either way, you will be happy with your purchase! Rolex is such a wonderful watch brand and totally worth the money.

Reactions: GaiaLives
I like 3 or 4 but w diamond markers. I wouldn’t worry about the diamond markers being flashy as they are really tiny. The diamond bezel could be too busy and a little flashy if your other jewelry is understated. Some people can pull off flashy better than others, though.

My advice is go for the most expensive you can afford at this point in time, two tone with diamond bezel and you won’t regret it as your first Rolex. I like fluted bezel over smooth bezel as scratches are less visible. Also stainless steel can be polished but not precious metal.

My choice would be two tone, diamond bezel with Roman numerals on oyster bracelet.

The Oyster seems to be the eternal classic, but I would really be cautious, you have to be sure you will wear it, I got one that I haven't worn for the past 8 years and actually deliberate with myself if I want to keep it. It is a watch that is easy to fall in love with, in my case the "love affair" fizzled out fast, give it a good think and imagine the situations you would wear it and how it goes with your everyday style.