Purchasing LV pre-loved...

Lilylovelv

Mar 13, 2012
Hello LVoers! Just curious, I've just started my LV collection and both my bags were ordered straight from LV. I have however considered purchasing pre-loved (especially for LE bags) but I'm soooo scared that I will end up with a fake!😳Has anybody had a good or bad experience with pre-loved buying? Either way, whats your story? Not sure I should go for it?!?!

I have purchased many bags pre-loved, especially since I like the quality of material and craftsmanship better than what's been coming on the market recently and never had a problem! Get it authenticated here first and you're good. Depending on the style and popularity of any given style you can save from $250/300 to $1000. Than can buy you another bag or couple of SLG's to go with your bag!

Never encountered a problem for me, but it's because I do research on sellers and their reviews as well as the item itself and probably luck as well. You can get your stuff authenticated here and by caroldiva.com ($7, but she's very reliable and legit for authenticating LV) before and after you receive the item you purchased.

Thank you all for your responses! I know there are some very reputable sellers and I could get it authenticated. But it seems there are so many stories of ladies here on the forum loosing money rather than saving?! Maybe I'll start with a small piece...idk?!?! I break out into a cold sweat at the thought of pulling the trigger😥

Almost half of my current collection is preloved, and I take pride in them! I saved almost 40% off retail price on some pieces, and found LE pieces from past seasons which are highly coveted. Surely there is always some degree of risk, but if you only deal with reputable sellers, get the bags authenticated and pay only with PayPal or credit card, you can reduce the chances of fraud quite substantially. Good luck!

I just bought my first pre-lvoe item last week. I was nervous t first like you, but I would get the bag authenticated first. They did it for me here and I saved about $500. I did my research too to make sure that I knew what I was getting into. with the money I saved, I am thinking of getting the Eva next which I would never even ponder had it not been for the savings.

There's also a thread here of authentic LV resellers/ consignment.
One thing I look for an eBay or bonanza is a TPF member usually put that in the description of their items.
But ALWAYS have it authenticated here.
They do a great job and have details posted on page 1 of that thread that are required for them to authenticate for you. They do require a 24 hour window between postings and an answer. So if people post with little time left in the auction,they might not get to it.
What LE are you searching for?
Good luck and happy hunting.

I've purchased LE pre-loved bags in the past from local sellers. The important thing is that you have it authenticated prior to buying to avoid a great deal of hassle. You have to ask all your questions about the bag's condition, smell (be careful I've heard of instances where the inside smelled like cigarettes), any flaws no matter how minor. You should also check the feedback of the seller if you're buying from eBay. But of course, nothing beats the high of buying straight from the boutique :smile:

i've only ever bought one pre-loved wallet only because it was a discontinued colour. I love it so much and got it for much much cheaper and it was barely used. Of course I got it authenticated here on the forum. I tend to go with the ones that have an authentic receipt...preferably those that have been tax refunded.

Yikkie said:
Almost half of my current collection is preloved, and I take pride in them! I saved almost 40% off retail price on some pieces, and found LE pieces from past seasons which are highly coveted. Surely there is always some degree of risk, but if you only deal with reputable sellers, get the bags authenticated and pay only with PayPal or credit card, you can reduce the chances of fraud quite substantially. Good luck!

WOW! 40% that's awesome. Thanks for the tips!