Purchasing LV pre-loved...

specme said:
There's also a thread here of authentic LV resellers/ consignment.
One thing I look for an eBay or bonanza is a TPF member usually put that in the description of their items.
But ALWAYS have it authenticated here.
They do a great job and have details posted on page 1 of that thread that are required for them to authenticate for you. They do require a 24 hour window between postings and an answer. So if people post with little time left in the auction,they might not get to it.
What LE are you searching for?
Good luck and happy hunting.

I was looking at a Neo (on a supposedly reputable site) but can't help but notice the stamp doesn't look so great! It's still a lot a money & I just can't get myself to go for it. I also wanted an Odeon GM. I found one for a great price that looked awesome on a very reputable site but I just couldn't do it and it was purchased as I was still going thru the motions...oh well.

shan88 said:
i've only ever bought one pre-loved wallet only because it was a discontinued colour. I love it so much and got it for much much cheaper and it was barely used. Of course I got it authenticated here on the forum. I tend to go with the ones that have an authentic receipt...preferably those that have been tax refunded.

That's another good tip, thx!

i bought a lot of preloved bags, and sell them when i am bored of them.
At the same time, the bag that i really love i will buy it new :biggrin:
never have any problem if i follow the instrcution from our experts here. I owe them so much !

and after buy it, i will just ignore everything else and use the bag. then u will not know if is the real real deal or not because you never think about it. We did all we can to make sure it is real. even pay for it. stay cool and calm, is just a bag :biggrin:

I've gotten scammed with a fake once but didn't authenticate it here. I had owned the bag before and thought I "knew" it well enough. Well, I didn't, and I didn't know it was fake for like an entire year. Going forward I only buy from the boutique now for peace of mind.

Thank you all for your responses! I know there are some very reputable sellers and I could get it authenticated. But it seems there are so many stories of ladies here on the forum loosing money rather than saving?! Maybe I'll start with a small piece...idk?!?! I break out into a cold sweat at the thought of pulling the trigger��

Yoogiscloset.com sells authentic merchandise and has wonderful customer service. Fashionphile.com has authentic merchandise, but not so great on the customer service (and they're a little bit expensive). There ARE reputable sellers on eBay, you just have to make sure their are lots of clear pictures, the seller has lots of good feedback, the seller has sold designer items before AND you can get stuff authenticated here. I love buying pre-owned because I can find things that I missed out on :smile:

TheMrsKwok said:
i bought a lot of preloved bags, and sell them when i am bored of them.
At the same time, the bag that i really love i will buy it new :biggrin:
never have any problem if i follow the instrcution from our experts here. I owe them so much !

and after buy it, i will just ignore everything else and use the bag. then u will not know if is the real real deal or not because you never think about it. We did all we can to make sure it is real. even pay for it. stay cool and calm, is just a bag :biggrin:

LOL! You're so good about it. It's so hard for me to spend that kind of money & not think about it. I DO admire your ability to just go with it either way...

tobefetching said:
Yoogiscloset.com sells authentic merchandise and has wonderful customer service. Fashionphile.com has authentic merchandise, but not so great on the customer service (and they're a little bit expensive). There ARE reputable sellers on eBay, you just have to make sure their are lots of clear pictures, the seller has lots of good feedback, the seller has sold designer items before AND you can get stuff authenticated here. I love buying pre-owned because I can find things that I missed out on :smile:

Thanks, I'll check those out!

lenaofdc said:
I've gotten scammed with a fake once but didn't authenticate it here. I had owned the bag before and thought I "knew" it well enough. Well, I didn't, and I didn't know it was fake for like an entire year. Going forward I only buy from the boutique now for peace of mind.

Is this a boutique in your area or online?

I bout preloved, but somehow I only have the courage to buy preloved from my friend who gets tired of purses easily. I saved a lot of $$$ buying preloved, and the bags are in practically new condition...I won't hesitate on buying pre loved again.

vuittonaholic said:
I bout preloved, but somehow I only have the courage to buy preloved from my friend who gets tired of purses easily. I saved a lot of $$$ buying preloved, and the bags are in practically new condition...I won't hesitate on buying pre loved again.

That's awesome that you know someone personally that you can buy from. I'm sure you get them in good condition with all the proof that you're buying authentic!

i have bought many of my LE's or discontinued bags pre-loved and have no regrets. as everyone else has said: get them authenticated first. and i only buy from consignment websites that have a return policy (which eBay does not). i recently purchased a Mirage Speedy (LE from 2007) and needed the date code picture to solidify the authentication. so i purchased it knowing i could return it, as soon as i got it posted pics for authentication and once i got the nod of approval i finally relaxed and enjoyed the bag.

don't be afraid of pre-loved ... just be careful.

Since I have always dreamed to own a LV bag (over 10 years, since I was 16) and could never ever afford it, I looked into so many.

I got actually really lucky in carboot sale (like a yard sale in US?) and got a NF for less than $60. While I am no expert whether its real or not it looked like to me, because it was a bit worn, I went to LV boutique gathering all braveness (imagining them telling its fake and me ducking my head and running of there lol) but it is indeed a real, gutt feeling was right. Pretty much nearly cried leaving the store lol.

/sorry for long story. I would totally take a risk, of course reputable sales on ebay such as some links posted in this forum. LV are such quality pieces that can last years and years.

SpencerH said:
Since I have always dreamed to own a LV bag (over 10 years, since I was 16) and could never ever afford it, I looked into so many.

I got actually really lucky in carboot sale (like a yard sale in US?) and got a NF for less than $60. While I am no expert whether its real or not it looked like to me, because it was a bit worn, I went to LV boutique gathering all braveness (imagining them telling its fake and me ducking my head and running of there lol) but it is indeed a real, gutt feeling was right. Pretty much nearly cried leaving the store lol.

/sorry for long story. I would totally take a risk, of course reputable sales on ebay such as some links posted in this forum. LV are such quality pieces that can last years and years.

Nice! $60, that's unheard of...