Purchasing Chanel with "no tags"

blackquilt

O.G.
May 14, 2011
I hope this isn't a silly question, but when buying from resellers, who say items are new but they have no tags, anyone know why this is so? Is there a reason they don't want to give the tags? I know this seller is trustworthy, just wondering. Thanks:smile:

Also, people lose things. I actually took off the serial number sticker inside of my first Chanel! I had no idea why it was there. Now, I know better :yes:

Eeks! Good thing it's not required for repairs and determining authenticity! I will admit, I lost two of mine off vintage bags (the stickers). They were on there, but I have no idea what happened to them. Oh well.

So yes, I suppose losing it might also be a reason to not have tags, as some stores also cut the tag off and then stick it inside the bag, or some come with the tag already cut off, brand new from the store. I think store policies differ. I don't think it's necessarily returns, as the stores have those plastic gun thingies they could put the tag back on with. I really think it just depends on the store. I have received in all ways from stores/boutique: tag on, tag off, and tag taken.

In Europe you get Chanel only without tags!:yes: I believe that many people from the US buy also from Europe 'cause it's cheaper, they get tax refund and some of them sell in the US!:wave:

I didn't get the tags with my jacket. I even called the store to ask for them. They said its store policy to remove all tags.

I didn't like it as I would rather remove the tags myself .. But what could I do?

In Europe you get Chanel only without tags!:yes: I believe that many people from the US buy also from Europe 'cause it's cheaper, they get tax refund and some of them sell in the US!:wave:

I didn't get the tags with my jacket. I even called the store to ask for them. They said its store policy to remove all tags.

I didn't like it as I would rather remove the tags myself .. But what could I do?

Thanks! Me too, I like to remove tags myself as well.

I buy my bags from Chanel boutiques in HK and they too remove the tags when preparing the invoice. In my last 2 purchases they even removed the item sticker from the Chanel boxes!