Purchasing Bags and SLG’s

Same boat here too. I went into the boutique in October bc my PA strap broke. They had a DE key cle so I bought it and loved it so I stalked the website and bought the mono. $205 seem so reasonable. Then I bought a bag charm for almost $500 but too big so I exchanged for the smaller one and a bandeau. The bandeau got me looking at hermes twillies... Now I have two twillies and two new scarves. Of course I bought a bag in the process and luggage tags and straps etc. They add up fast! I want a mini PA but I'm forcing myself to wait.

These SLGs and charms are soooo hard to resist. It doesn’t help that I stalk them online all day. Right now I’m stalking a charm that is $500 and I’ve got it in my cart but I’m fighting it lol. Glad that I’m not the only one who feels obsessed. I too have few friends to relate with and would understand. In fact, I am slightly embarrassed by the amount I spend on bags etc.
Yes, it’s crazy how it happens slowly! :lol:My most recent was a $220 bag charm, which felt like nothing but when you really stop and think about it - that’s $220 for a keychain (and prob the cheapest LV has to offer)! :wtf: Love them all though and no plans on stopping :giggle::love:

I’m also glad to have this forum - my friends and family aren’t into luxury goods and don’t understand the obsession lol. At least DH is though! :biggrin:

This is exactly what happened to me towards the end of last year. I purchased the following in a span of 3 months. My rationale is these items would last me for decades.

1. Toiletry 26
  2. 6 key holder
  3. Round coin purse
  4. Zippy coin Purse
  5. Clemence wallet
Then hubby closed the year and got me a Pochette Metis!!!!

Yes, sadly, things that used to seem super expensive to me have lost their "shock value". Although Chanel prices continue to shock me, lol! I never wanted tons of wallets (two LV wallets that can coordinate among all of my LV bags works fine), so that simplified things. The nice thing is that I don't feel the need to have every new slg that comes out, so my basic collection works just fine. Once that was established, my money went only to bags once again. Yay!:biggrin:
The first sentence is so true :yes:!!!

Yes I was just thinking about this too.
This past three months:
1. Toiletry 19
2. Toiletry 15
3. Round coin purse
4. Bandoulier strap
5. Scarf

And I use these everyday. I love them.

As long as you use them, I think these purchases are justified. Because if you spread out the value over the days you get to use them, then it's really not that expensive. Meanwhile if you buy a 3k/ 4k bag and only use it once or twice, then that's a complete waste of money.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reactions: insidemysoul
Yes, it´s crazy, but when it comes to LV SLGs and accessories, I think 250 € is pretty affordable. On the other hand I have a completely different price sensitivity for everything else, like technology. I mean, it´s ok to spend 250€ on a canvas wallet, but not ok, to spend 250€ on a new coffee machine, vacuum cleaner or even 100€ on a microwave (still don´t own one) :lol::lol:.

Reactions: kbell and EdnaMode