Purchasing a Crossbody Strap

ack150

May 22, 2008
I purchased the large Bonnie foldover bag in chalk/navy (was stalking that bag, and kismet - last one at the outlet, and a coupon!), and was interesting in picking up a longer strap. I think having a crossbody option would make the bag more useful for me, and the strap that came with it is too short for me to use it as one.

Has anyone purchased one off the bay (I don't want to put the seller's name, but they sell all the replacement parts)? What did you think of them? Do you think that the navy will be a close enough match?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

shezarealgem

Apr 1, 2009
in a New York state of mind
Sorry that I cannot be of help with replacement parts BUT could you buy some dogleash snaps at a hardware store and add one to each end of your strap to lengthen it. Many of us do this with our legacy bags and Zoe's.

ack150

May 22, 2008
Thanks for the feedback, but I'd need to add a lot of the clips to extend the strap so that the bag drops as far as I want it to. But I have passed that tip on to my sister, who had a back with a shoulder strap that doesn't quite fit over her winter coat. Sounds like a great solution!

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I want to buy a longer strap for a bag too, I've corresponded with her, the seller you referenced, on the bay. And read good remarks for her here on the tPF thread discussing ebay sellers. She didn't have the color strap I wanted nor the width & discouraged me herself from buying. So, no solution so far.

BTW, the clips for a small extension, say for a Zoe, work well.

PLMK if you find anything a PMail would be great.

cz22

O.G.
Jan 4, 2009
I wanted a black crossbody strap. I ended up buying one and also winning a vintage station bag online. I ended up using the station bag strap because I found that hardware to match better. The non-Coach one I bought was nice, but I thought the brass hardware was a little too rosegold. So I was searching for a non-Coach crossbody strap and ended up using a Coach one anyway.