Purchased NWOT miu miu bag, found out its used, need your opinions!

tokki_x

Aug 20, 2012
Love how ebay dramas always happen together right :graucho: and I don't even buy alot....

ok

Purchased ebay item: 251232472188
new without tags, stated as authentic from SAKS never carried, in new condition. Seller have non-return policy. hundres of feedbacks, near perfect.

Following pictures are of the bag as I received it today. I also put up a prada tote I use as backpack for school, which in my opinion shows much better leather condition after I used it for 2 years, taking it to school daily and placed on the lecture floor, stepped on and all.

I took pictures of some of the more visible flaws, including a hole on the side, cracked sealant thingy, and a whole orangeish discolored side... The seller had plenty of new looking pictures, but I now realized they were very over-exposed and hid alot of the flaws (if they were taken recently at all)

Do miu miu bag turn like this from long time storage?? I don't want to accuse her of something I'm not sure of.

I'm hesitant to go through the trouble of doing the item not as described, is 700+ reasonable for a used miu miu vitello bag that is very wrinkled w/ a hole? I'm new to miu miu bag values =' \
any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_1010.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_1011.JPG
    IMG_1011.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_1013.JPG
    IMG_1013.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_1015.JPG
    IMG_1015.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_1014.JPG
    IMG_1014.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:
You don't seem to be having much luck on ebay these days..

First your shoes & now this Miu Miu bag

Description says" perfect condition, never carried, no marks, stains
tears or signs of use

Either your seller is having a problem with her vision as this bag that
you have pictured is stained & damaged.

It is far cry from the description your seller states

Try to work it out with your seller if not than file a SNAD..

You made a best offer on this bag & whatever the price is, it is irrelevant to
the condition of the bag, but that is just my opinion

Last edited:
You don't seem to be having much luck on ebay these days..

First your shoes & now this Miu Miu bag

Description says" perfect condition, never carried, no marks, stains
tears or signs of use

Either your seller is having a problem with her vision as this bag that
you have pictured is stained & damaged.

It is far cry from the description your seller states

Try to work it out with your seller if not than file a SNAD..

You made a best offer on this bag & whatever the price is, it is irrelevant to
the condition of the bag, but that is just my opinion
I had high hopes for this bag since I have been looking for a white tote, now im indecisive of how to approach her in message. is it reasonable for me to ask her for a discount since its damaged? It would be less trouble for both of us, I think the bag is usable, but do feel somewhat lied to.

I had high hopes for this bag since I have been looking for a white tote, now im indecisive of how to approach her in message. is it reasonable for me to ask her for a discount since its damaged? It would be less trouble for both of us, I think the bag is usable, but do feel somewhat lied to.

I don't know if a bag in this condition is worth $650 versus retail of $1595 or not. Most of the auction photos are way overexposed. I personally would never buy from photos like these; I would ask for clear, in focus, properly exposed photos. Since she said she didn't really want to sell anyway, perhaps you should just return it for a refund as SNAD, since it obviously has signs of distress, whether from storage or whatever.

Why would you want a damaged bag??? Even at a discount??

Aren't you better off looking for something in better condition??

White is such a hard color to fix & correct...

You should try to work this out with the seller if not file a SNAD

I think you should ask to return it for a refund. Asking for a discount won't make the bag any better, and may make the seller feel you are just looking for the bag to cost less, NOT that the bag was misrepresented. In other words, it might make you look bad from the seller's point of view, y'know?

Thanks everyone for all the good opinions!
I think im just so bummed since none of my recent higher-value purchases worked out
T-T
I'll contact the seller now, hope she won't turn nasty on me!

Thanks everyone for all the good opinions!
I think im just so bummed since none of my recent higher-value purchases worked out
T-T
I'll contact the seller now, hope she won't turn nasty on me!

I would definitely advise you to look for more and better photos in the future for any higher value purchases. These should be provided by the seller, and if they aren't, perhaps it's best to move on to another auction where they are. I wish you the best of luck with you sellers.

I would definitely advise you to look for more and better photos in the future for any higher value purchases. These should be provided by the seller, and if they aren't, perhaps it's best to move on to another auction where they are. I wish you the best of luck with you sellers.

Agree here... And if you have any questions & the seller is
not cooperative, that is a red flag waving... Time to move on

Thanks
In a case like this, The pictures does look to be a very new bag, that's why I didn't suspect anything. I didn't even know it was over-exposed until I received the bag and noticed it was much darker. At the time I didn't know what other pictures to ask for since it was listed as New, and her having almost all good feedbacks selling many designer items :sad:

Agree here... And if you have any questions & the seller is
not cooperative, that is a red flag waving... Time to move on
but what kind of questions would I have looking at a bag listed as new? Just looking at the listing I did not expect anything to go wrong, and the colors didn't register as over-exposed to me until I compared to the actual bag. sigh
I guess not all sellers with many good feedbacks are always honest.
This seller was actually very nice throughout the whole transaction, she even left me positive FB before I even received the bag

I messaged the seller with these pictures and asked her for a reasonable solution since she stated no returns accepted. Didn't want to sound too demanding, I hope she could be understanding and offer a return

Thanks
In a case like this, The pictures does look to be a very new bag, that's why I didn't suspect anything. I didn't even know it was over-exposed until I received the bag and noticed it was much darker. At the time I didn't know what other pictures to ask for since it was listed as New, and her having almost all good feedbacks selling many designer items :sad:

These photos are so overexposed you can't see much except brightness (they even hurt my eyes to look at):

Attachments

• oe.JPG
    oe.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 469
  • oe3.JPG
    oe3.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 470
  • oe4.JPG
    oe4.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 464

Hi
I would definately say something as she posted new, not used. I am sorry but if it is new and un-used storage does not cause discoloration or holes. I have tonnes of bags in storage and they include miu miu's, when I pull them out from time to time to use or shift around, they look just the way I left them, my new ones that are unused look new and my ones that I use, I definately don't have holes or discoloration like that. That bag is used and has been misrepresented. I would but that is me not except that bag in such a condition regardless of your best offer, it was MISrepresented.