Purchased my second MK bag and am disappointed :(

kai_dj

Jun 18, 2008
-newbie/first time out of lurk mode wave here-

Like most of folks in my group. I was weary to purchase any accessories by Michael Kors due to their popularity (everyone and their sister, mother, daughter, whatever) owns one here, and due to the fact that the brand was initially "too loud". MK emblems dangling here and there, ton of studs, gold, chains and glitz. Maybe I've adapted wayyy tooo much to the minimalistic scandinavian fashion trends after moving here.

But I must honestly say that I enjoy the direction that MK is going in terms of their handbags and designs. There are a lot of more streamlined styles that have caught my eye... (ermmm LG Mercer Tote :smile:) and I finally forked the bill and purchased one.

However, four months into using it I found that the overall shape of the bag started to loose its shape (despite the fact that I hardly used it) and the hardware feet started turning brassy.

Contacted MK Customer Service and they have been somewhat helpful so far. Surprisingly after reading complaint after complaint on various forums. Since they were not able to offer a replacement for my bag (which is weird as they have the same model -- perhaps newer for 2018 in the same price point), they have offered a gift card in the amount that I paid for the bag.

Problem is, the nearest MK store in my country is 9 hours away (I ordered the bag online). However, an hour-long train ride and another country away, there's a MK store but I'm not going to fork over a ton of money just to get there.

I told them this and they gave me two options:

-Mark an X in the interior/lining of the bag with a permanent marker and completely cover the serial number. Send pictures to them and they well send the gift card to my address.

- Take faulty bag to said country and get the gift card there once I turn the bag in.

Has anyone dealt with MK customer service in this way before? I was under the impression (from reading on other forums) that I would have to post the bag back to them. If I am to mark the bag up with permanent marker, does that mean that I am to keep the faulty bag as well? Will the gift card be sent to me? Or am I just going to be minus a marked up faulty bag that I paid over 300Euro for and without a gift card. Their instructions seem to be kinda iffy as well.

What to do?

The instructions seem pretty straight forward. They gave you two options. In both options they will give you the gift card. You can either mark up the bag like they said and send the picture and they will send the gift card or you can go to the store and return the bag and get a gift card. Easy as pie!

That is a nice offer for MK! Hope you find a better bag. I have the older style and love them all. All my Hamilton’s and Selma’s have kept their shapes. Good luck!