Purchased Chanel 226 Reissue - box question?

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
I purchased a red Chanel 226 from Neimans and had them send it to me. When I opened up the box, I was disappointed that the reissue came in a white cardboard box. There was no black box. Also there was no branded Chanel dustbag. It looked cheaply made.

Is this what Chanel does now? If it is, that is a colossal disappointment. It was, to me, a very expensive purse and this is what they send it in?

Has anyone experienced this as well?

Attachments

• IMG_9501 (Large).JPG
    IMG_9501 (Large).JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_9503 (Large).JPG
    IMG_9503 (Large).JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 776
No offense....but that box and dust bag look terrible. I haven't purchased a reissue yet, but all of my purchases from Chanel have come with a Chanel box and dust bag. Can you call NM to ask for the right box and dust bag? This doesn't seem right.

That is the shipping box. It's possible it was sent from the warehouse and not the store. They send like that, they don't do the "Icon" packaging. Inside should be be the dustbag and booklet in a compartment under the bag. Contact SA and let them know you didn't get your box and ask her/him to send you one.

No offense....but that box and dust bag look terrible. I haven't purchased a reissue yet, but all of my purchases from Chanel have come with a Chanel box and dust bag. Can you call NM to ask for the right box and dust bag? This doesn't seem right.

No offense at all!!!

I'm really upset by this - but the box and dustbag look horrible :mad: That's why I was asking if this is what Chanel does or is it a Neimans thing?

That is the shipping box. It's possible it was sent from the warehouse and not the store. They send like that, they don't do the "Icon" packaging. Inside should be be the dustbag and booklet in a compartment under the bag. Contact SA and let them know you didn't get your box and ask her/him to send you one.

I am going to email the SA and let them know I want the original Icon packaging - I did locate the white dustbag, care booklet (they include a chamois-like cloth now too, right?) in a compartment under the bag but I still really want the black Icon box - I can't imagine storing my purse in a cheap white box like that:crybaby::crybaby:

I've gotten a reissue from NM before. It came with the Chanel dust bag and also the black box, but I got it in person so I don't know if that makes a difference.

They told me each bag they get comes with it's own box (and set of things like dust bag etc), and if the box somehow gets lost or damaged before it is sold, they just have to sell it without the box. They don't have extra boxes or pieces like the standalone boutiques.

So sorry for your experience. Remember to ask for the magnetic box. If the original box is damaged, they can always give you another one without the product sticker. I once bought a non classic bag and the Sa gave me a magnetic box per my request. So I don't think the boxes are in limited supply. Anyway, you deserve the whole Chanel experience. I hope they can fix it. :smile:

Thanks everyone for the replies! :smile:

I've been buying Chanel since the 80s and all my purses came in the black icon magnetic box (why do they call it that?) and when it came in a white box I was really disappointed!

That is the original shipping box of how it was supposed to NM. The SA should of taken it out, put it in the black magnetic box with the white dust bag, wrapped it, put ribbon on it with the flower. Unacceptable. I would call your SA. I have never had a classic or seasonal bag arrive in the white shipping box, and I mainly order from Neimans. Perhaps, it was an oversight with the SA? Keep us posted!

I got the original shipping box too when I got my taupe. I called the SA right away & asked if he can send me the black magnetic box and he did, and he sent me some samples of chanel perfume & skincare products as well.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411320671.172732.jpg