Purchased Celine wallet without box?

msscf

Aug 26, 2016
Hi friends! I purchased my first Celine item today (the long zippered wallet, not sure of the style name) at the Celine store inside NM and just realized they never gave me a box, just the dust bag. Is this normal? Should I go back and ask for the box? TIA!

Edit: I also just noticed it doesn't have an authenticity card...that's definitely not normal, right?

Last edited:
Céline is very hit or miss with boxes. Madison doesn't even have boxes for luggages. They ship them only with the dust bag

Thanks @ashlie, that feels so weird but I'm glad you confirmed for me. I think they must've sold me a wallet someone just returned. It also doesn't have the protective wrapping on the zipper, or the price tag in the wallet.

Do you know if all Celine items come with authenticity documentation, or is that spotty as well?

I believe they don't have box for any bag unless it's classic box bag. They don't have authenticity card like Chanel does but they do have some cards that talk about how to protect leather. Hope this helps.

Update: turns out I purchased from a Celine inside a NM that is not run by Celine. My DH went to a different NM today where their Celine is run by full-time Celine SAs and my large zipped multifunctional wallet was indeed supposed to have a box and care info. He was able to return the original item to NM and purchase the same item from Celine with everything in tact. They also have a 2 yr warranty with repairs done in house, whereas NM only had a 1 yr warranty and supposedly send out to a third party.

Go figure! Thanks everyone for the responses!

Update: turns out I purchased from a Celine inside a NM that is not run by Celine. My DH went to a different NM today where their Celine is run by full-time Celine SAs and my large zipped multifunctional wallet was indeed supposed to have a box and care info. He was able to return the original item to NM and purchase the same item from Celine with everything in tact. They also have a 2 yr warranty with repairs done in house, whereas NM only had a 1 yr warranty and supposedly send out to a third party.

Go figure! Thanks everyone for the responses!

That's great news! Do you mind sharing which NM was able to provide you with the box and cards?

I originally purchased at the NM in Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, CA. The Celine-run Celine shop inside NM was at the NM location in San Francisco. To get the packaging, you'll need to purchase from the SF location (hence why we had to do the convoluted return and repurchase). The Celine SAs told my DH that if you purchase from a Celine-run shop, they will always include packaging.

Reactions: shopbo
I originally purchased at the NM in Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, CA. The Celine-run Celine shop inside NM was at the NM location in San Francisco. To get the packaging, you'll need to purchase from the SF location (hence why we had to do the convoluted return and repurchase). The Celine SAs told my DH that if you purchase from a Celine-run shop, they will always include packaging.

Thanks for the advice!!