Purchased a used Gucci Bag on Ebay

genaeco

Feb 21, 2008
Hi, I purchased a gucci bag on ebay it was described as "in very good used condition. This bag is 2 years old and maybe worn 10 times."
:wtf:
She said it was originally 1100. I bought it for a little over 300. When I got the bag, the four corners at the bottom were worn and the lining was coming through. I immedately emailed her pictures and told her that she never mentioned the worn areas. She email me back and said there werent any worn areas and I could just send it back to her. I then asked her if she would give me a small refund because the purse is not what was represented. Using it 10 times should not cause the worn spots. She got mad. I really like the bag...but the worn areas bug me because I didn't expect it...should I just let it go...or return it???????? What is you opinion. I have sold a few purses on Ebay and have always listed everything that is wrong with the purse if anything.

Thanks.

Hi, I purchased a gucci bag on ebay it was described as "in very good used condition. This bag is 2 years old and maybe worn 10 times."
:wtf:
She said it was originally 1100. I bought it for a little over 300. When I got the bag, the four corners at the bottom were worn and the lining was coming through. I immedately emailed her pictures and told her that she never mentioned the worn areas. She email me back and said there werent any worn areas and I could just send it back to her. I then asked her if she would give me a small refund because the purse is not what was represented. Using it 10 times should not cause the worn spots. She got mad. I really like the bag...but the worn areas bug me because I didn't expect it...should I just let it go...or return it???????? What is you opinion. I have sold a few purses on Ebay and have always listed everything that is wrong with the purse if anything.

Thanks.
If you like it you may want to keep it. This seller sounds like she is telling you to take it or leave it though. She does not seem keen on the small refund idea. Perhaps she feels that you got a good deal anyway. If you do keep it though, you might want to mention to her that in future she should consider representing her items correctly.
A tip from me: I always ask for info on corners of bags however old they are. The first signs of wear are there and it is a good indication of the general state of the bag.
personally I dont think a Gucci bag would show wear after 10 uses..

If you like it you may want to keep it. This seller sounds like she is telling you to take it or leave it though. She does not seem keen on the small refund idea. Perhaps she feels that you got a good deal anyway. If you do keep it though, you might want to mention to her that in future she should consider representing her items correctly.
A tip from me: I always ask for info on corners of bags however old they are. The first signs of wear are there and it is a good indication of the general state of the bag.
personally I dont think a Gucci bag would show wear after 10 uses..

:tup:Great advice and ITA!!

Next time, ask more questions. She said in the auction that the bag was used. If she didn't provide enough photos, then you should've asked for more. You got an excellent deal on a used bag. I don't offer partial refunds either on my merchandise. You leave the door open for buyer's to complain about evey item you sell just to get some of their money back. There are buyer's who would do this with every single puchase if they could.

If you love the bag, then just keep it.

Good luck!