Purchased a bag, needs canvas repair.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    Hi,

I have an opportunity to buy a bag that has a small cut in the canvas. It is a super rare, brand new bag, which is the only reason why I am interested. I have read tons of threads about LV not repairing canvas(for the most part) but IF you have been able to get it repaired, please share with me! Also, I did find one thread where they replaced one side of the bag that had the rip, so maybe they will replace whole sections of canvas only? Thank you!

2. They charge 2/3 of the cost of my keepall to replace the leather. So it can be pricey if it requires a lot of sewing and material.

3. id like to know this as well i have been eying a bag on bonanzle that has one in a very hidden spot but fear it will bug me.

4. Thanks, I am familiar with the vachetta but am looking for more about the canvas....

5. I had a tiny crack in the canvas of my lockit horizontal (bought at LV) after 12 or 15 months of use. I went to LV as in germany you have a 24 months warranity and asked for repairing it, they just gave me a new one and told me that if this should happen again with this bag, they can't do anything about it.
    So I don't know how it would be with a rare bag that wasn't purchased by yourself from LV, sorry!

6. ^^thanks, I know, its a tricky situation!

7. what I do wonder is if you wear a canvas bag that has a little crack, will it stay that way or will it go on cracking even more?

If it stays the way is is maybe a little crack is not a big deal especially if your looking for the bag for a while.

Maybe you could have some input from a tpf'er you has a cracked canvas lv bag and who still uses it frequently. :shrugs:

8. They won't repair if there is a crack in the canvas.