Purchase online or in store?

missconvy

Jan 5, 2016
I've decided I'm going to purchase my first Louis Vuitton piece. I'm wanting the pochette accessoires in damier ebene. I'm wanting to get it hot stamped as well (at some point). On their website right now it says call for availability and I chatted with them today about that and they said it should restock in about a month. They also told me they have it in stock at the closest Louis Vuitton boutique to me, which is 3 hours away.

Do I wait until I can order online and get it hot stamped when I'm at a Louis Vuitton some other time or do I go the 3 hours to go to the store and get it hot stamped right away?

I've never been in a Louis Vuitton before so kinda nervous haha :confused1:

Reactions: PurseLuva625
Go get it. Perhaps check they do hot stamping while you wait before travelling, if you're desperate for that. I bought a keepall last weekend and had to leave the luggage tag with them for hotstamping. They posted it to me within 5 days. Have fun getting your first LV.

Reactions: iLuvBeauty
I have 2 stores exactly 2 hours away from me in OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS ugh..... I travel to them when I want to purchase a handbag because im anal but always just order over the phone SLG's, scarves etc. I always ask the SA I'm speaking with in the kindest way to be my eyes so to speak, you know, check everything for me like stitching(key bells/luggage tags)- hot stamping thats correct, smooth zippers (key cles, pochettes) and they always mail perfect items. I always ask for the same associates by phone I have worked with in person, they tend to give a damn if your happy and satisfied. A happy customer is a REPEAT customer. Go to the store if you have the chance and meet the team and have some dialogue face to face, it definitely pays off later with future purchases. Make a day of it. I just had a luggage tag hotstamped and mailed to me and its perfect. Paid over the phone and done. Had it the next day. Hope that helps and don't be nervous or intimidated, your money is just as good as anybody else's and they are on the job just like everybody else. Just take your time to look things over when you go and never let anyone rush you because you'll end up buying crap you don't love, need or even use. Returns/exchanges can be a pain. Good luck!!

If this has been asked and answered already, I apologize. If one purchases online can they do an in-store exchange with no hassle? How about a refund? I was always under the assumption that I could do this when i bought online. (Don't mean to hijack this thread, but knowing the facts would help me decide if I should buy online).

If this has been asked and answered already, I apologize. If one purchases online can they do an in-store exchange with no hassle? How about a refund? I was always under the assumption that I could do this when i bought online. (Don't mean to hijack this thread, but knowing the facts would help me decide if I should buy online).

I'd like to know this too as my purchases are made online & if I ever do need to make a trip it would be handy to know.

I'd like to know this too as my purchases are made online & if I ever do need to make a trip it would be handy to know.

Yes, exchanges can be made in store with a receipt. There is a time frame of 14 days from receiving the items to get a refund and I believe 30 days for exchange. And online purchases come with return instructions.

Yes, exchanges can be made in store with a receipt. There is a time frame of 14 days from receiving the items to get a refund and I believe 30 days for exchange. And online purchases come with return instructions.

Thxs, I know about reg purchase policy, but I wanted to see if anyone knows about online return/exchange instructions off hand, before I do another purchase online (looking at the return instructions after the fact won't help me if I find out it's a hassle to return/exchange my online purchase). If I find out now online purchases are not returnable/exchangeable in store I think I will stop buying online cause I just don't feel good mailing stuff back.
Thxs for trying to help [emoji4] and responding.

You can go in store to return online purchases.

Thxs, I know about reg purchase policy, but I wanted to see if anyone knows about online return/exchange instructions off hand, before I do another purchase online (looking at the return instructions after the fact won't help me if I find out it's a hassle to return/exchange my online purchase). If I find out now online purchases are not returnable/exchangeable in store I think I will stop buying online cause I just don't feel good mailing stuff back.
Thxs for trying to help [emoji4] and responding.