Purchase first Chanel in NY or ATL?

minniemax

Oct 27, 2020
Hi!

After browsing and regularly checking in on Chanel purses throughout the years, I decided to get the jumbo classic double flap in black caviar with gold hardware as my first Chanel bag. I originally really liked the CCH but I know I'd still want the CF so decided to go with it.

Might be a silly question but wanted to get everyone's inpuit. I live in Atlanta where there's Chanel at Saks and Neiman Marcus but will be in NY in a week where there are more options in terms of Chanel locations. Would it matter where I actually made my purchase? I am leaning towards Atlanta to perhaps develop a relationship with an SA since I am looking towards gifting my mom a Chanel as my 2nd purchase.

Thank you!

I’d get it where I live for convenience and it’s nice to maintain a relationship with a SA within your area. Maybe go to a Chanel in your area before your NY trip and find a SA you feel like you can build a relationship with - you can always ask your SA to order for you things that are not in their inventory. Then you can probably browse in NY and then ask your SA in Atlanta if they have the bag you liked in NY / they can order for you.

Last edited:
I would also recommend having a Sales Associate locally for convenience. You also mentioned you were thinking about purchasing another bag in the future and it would be helpful to go to the store and see the bag in person. Congrats on your future first bag! I also have a jumbo classic and love the bag. This bag is going to continue to go up in price so it’s better to purchase now than in the future.

Reactions: BrownBuggy
I agree with the above comments.

There is however one potential benefit to buying something ( could be an slg or even a twilly...) in NYC IF you plan on buying more Chanel in the near future and want the option to buy remotely via phone from a standalone boutique. They don't let you buy via phone unless you have made a prior purchase at a boutique.

Is it true that they won't let you order by phone unless you have bought at a stand alone boutique? I bought my first Chanel bag at the Chanel in Saks in Atlanta and my SA specifically said that I was "in the system now". I took that to mean that I would now be able to order remotely. I'm thinking of getting a Gabrielle soon and I'm not sure if that will be in inventory at Saks

Thanks everyone :smile: Ended up making my purchase at NM in Atlanta!

Is it true that they won't let you order by phone unless you have bought at a stand alone boutique? I bought my first Chanel bag at the Chanel in Saks in Atlanta and my SA specifically said that I was "in the system now". I took that to mean that I would now be able to order remotely. I'm thinking of getting a Gabrielle soon and I'm not sure if that will be in inventory at Saks

Hi, I don't know about this. I believe your SA could help make a reservation on the Gabriella or check inventory.

Reactions: carlak