Purchase - advice needed

gotpurseitis

Mar 26, 2011
Chicago
http://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping...item-10435141.aspx?storeid=9462&ffref=hd_wish

Need an opinion - bought this bag approx. for 45% off. Does anybody have it? Do you think it is a good deal? Any views please.
I have this bag and YES it was a good price. I think this bag is sooo beautiful and a genuine piece of art. The leather is so soft and the detailing is minimal and tasteful.
It holds a ton of stuff and is great for everyday use as well as long trips when you need to carry even more.
Enjoy!

bagfan

O.G.
May 2, 2006
I have this bag and YES it was a good price. I think this bag is sooo beautiful and a genuine piece of art. The leather is so soft and the detailing is minimal and tasteful.
It holds a ton of stuff and is great for everyday use as well as long trips when you need to carry even more.
Enjoy!
Thank you!

bagfan

O.G.
May 2, 2006
Yes, I understood that. I thought you were asking for advice on whether to keep the bag or not. My mistake.
Well - that's an interesting one. There are many things I would not have purchased full retail, because of price being prohibitive and yet I'd enjoy owning them. Let me put it this way - i like the bag... But then I like many bags, so the question is if this is unique enough, useful enough for the price I ended up paying for it.

annie9999

O.G.
Feb 22, 2007
Would you have ourchased it at full retail? If no, I would reeconsider. If yes: congratulations on a good deal!
i always ask myself this same question when considering sale items. even on sale bv is still a lot of money.

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
Same here, annie9999, always that question. If I buy just because it was a great deal, and don't really love the bag, I just won't use it enough.

As for the bag in question, it looks like it has some great qualities...great size, nice large zip pocket and that wonderful chewy BV deerskin. I have a bowler style bag in black cervo from 2007, with intrecciato, and handles of the same length - quite similar to your bag, bagfan. I adore my bag and the more I use it, the better it gets. Here is a picture: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta-style-reference/satchels-pics-only-370441.html#post5367284

Is your bag also from 2007?

bagfan

O.G.
May 2, 2006
Same here, annie9999, always that question. If I buy just because it was a great deal, and don't really love the bag, I just won't use it enough.

As for the bag in question, it looks like it has some great qualities...great size, nice large zip pocket and that wonderful chewy BV deerskin. I have a bowler style bag in black cervo from 2007, with intrecciato, and handles of the same length - quite similar to your bag, bagfan. I adore my bag and the more I use it, the better it gets. Here is a picture: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta-style-reference/satchels-pics-only-370441.html#post5367284

Is your bag also from 2007?

No this bag is from 2013. And yes - it is incredibly soft and "smooshy" as all BV deerskin. I have another deerskin bag from BV and it is the same quality. Thank you for your input!