Pumps in the winter?

ikaesmallz

♥ CL ♥
O.G.
Aug 28, 2006
Hi ladies,

I know this may sound stupid but I just need some feedback on how wearing pumps in the winter/cold weather? It's starting to get cold now & I've gotten so into wearing pumps & such that now I'm figuring, how the hell am I gonna wear them with my jeans? Wear stockings?? Thanks in advance!

Sometimes I wear a short skirt and opaque tights with my pumps. The safest choice is black tights, and they make your legs look long and slim. You just have to coordinate the colors after that. Have fun!

I know what you mean. Once it gets chilly, I debate about which shoes to wear b/c I can't bear to have cold feet. I usually wear sheer knee-hi stockings under my pants and jeans. That way my shoes still end up looking pretty on my feet and my toes are a little warmer.

You can get inexpensive pairs at the drugstore. That's what I do.

I do this all the time ... I wear opaque stockings or thick stockings with patterns from Wolford. I wear pumps with knee-length skirts/dresses and trousers in winter. The important thing for me is to have a good warm coat and scarves to keep me warm. Then, my feet don't get too cold.

Yea I figured stocking & knee highs would be the only way to pull it off. I'm gonna try it and see how it goes. I think I need to move to California. lol. Thanks for the feedback ladies! :tup::heart:

I know this thread is a few days old now, but wanted to weigh in - I've found that if I wear pumps without stockings for a long time, that they stretch and want to slip off when I do wear stockings. If that is your situation, I find that wool stockings are the best for reducing the slip

I wear old lady knee highs lol you cant tell i have them on and they keep me warm, so thats all i care about.
If you have a problem with your foot slipping out of the shoe with the stockings, spray a little hairspray on the bottom of your foot(with the stockings on) it will become a little sticky and help from not slipping.

Good tip Stinas, I am going to try that.
I love the look of tights with pumps, especially textured knit tights. I am actually looking forward to the fall, it has been unseasonably warm in NY - yesterday's temp was in the high 70s.

Good tip Stinas, I am going to try that.
I love the look of tights with pumps, especially textured knit tights. I am actually looking forward to the fall, it has been unseasonably warm in NY - yesterday's temp was in the high 70s.
I tried it a long time ago and worked pretty good. I also read it in another thread.
I love that look but have not tried to pull it off myself yet. It has been really warm in NYC lately...this rain is making me moody today, but at least its rain not snow! :yes:

I love to wear my pumps, however in the winter it gets pretty cold in the North East. Therefore, I usually wear my pumps with strech jeans and kneehighs, for most cool days that are above freezing. When it gets seriously cold, I usually don my ankle boots for warmth cause my feet get really cold.