PTI: is epi or damier most durable?

Gibbs2424

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
Hi everyone, I know this has been discussed a bit before, but I wanted to be sure of your opinions. I've thinking of getting a porte tresor international wallet, either the damier or red or possibly black epi. The epi is more expensive but I think would also show more wear sooner. I use only one wallet at a time and keep it until it basically starts ripping. I don't consider myself hard on my things, but I don't want to have to baby my wallet, either: it gets thrown in the purse with whatever else I am hauling around that day -- agenda, sunglasses case, digital camera case, etc.

So........which do you think would last longest while maintaining a basically nice appearance? It doesn't have to be perfect, but I would expect to be able to use it for a number of years before it got too grungy and/or ripped up to continue.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

IMO and my experience, the Damier wears like the monogram canvas. They are both long lasting and are very durable. Along the same lines, the epi is great and doesn't show wear at all unless you deliberately scratch it or something. Black epi will last you pretty much forever..I have the mandarin epi jasmin and carry it a lot and even in the rain and it's still just as gorgeous as the day I got it, even though it's a lighter color. So either way, you're safe with each one...it just depends on what look you're going for.

ValleyOppressed said:
Good picks! Good thing you don't like Vernis wallets- I've heard horror stories about them on the forum.

I have both the peppermint and the fuchsia Porte Tresors. I used the peppermint one up until my mom gave me the fuchsia one (she'd had it for quite awhile hehe), and then I switched. It just depends on what items you have on your bag and what color you go with. Obviously, the lighter colors aren't the best option for everyday use, but I've never had a problem with my fuchsia one. The peppermint one doesn't do too well in the raspberry suede lined bags, or against any colored items (my mom's turned a bit brownish after using it in her Vive Cite bag and mine has a tiny purple spot on the back from being up against a Dasani bottle.) But I've been using the fuchsia one for a long time now and there isn't one mark or discoloration on it at all. If one were to go with a vernis wallet, I'd suggest either Indigo or the Framboise.